PDA

View Full Version : difference betweemn FF and IE

dawniekins
01-16-2009, 04:57 PM
hi,
i'm new to this.
but designing a page with a banner from an external source, i put the banner in using BV HTML insertion, this woks fine in FF but when i checked it on IE the banner was missing.
when i refreshed the page the banner flashed up but very small then dissappeared again, can anyone explain why, or tell me how to prevent it happening .
thanks in advance.

bluester
01-16-2009, 05:09 PM
did you get an answer to this?

Karen Mac
01-16-2009, 05:09 PM
I dont know, most likely has to do with the extensions installed to the browser and how it renders flash or blocks it.

A link.. should almost always be included so we can see what you are referring to in 99% of instances and posts.

Karen

dawniekins
01-16-2009, 05:54 PM
as i mentioned, i am new to all this , by link do you mean you want the website address i am attempting to build ?
apologies but had put other question to other thread before realising the age of thread , so started new one,

also whilst on , how do i remove older versions from the web so that only the last version is viewed, as i am currently getting previous attempts coming up rather than my latest .

Karen Mac
01-16-2009, 06:36 PM
yes.. I mean a link to your website.

I have no idea about your whilst comments. Most likely you are viewing a cached page ...clear cookies then your updates should show fine.

Karen

HTTPsurfer
01-16-2009, 07:21 PM
I had this same problem before,

I never figured out why!

Just redid the page(s)
first I deleted the old page (using FTP) and images
then republished..
It worked...

Good luck,
My vote is for FF

dawniekins
01-17-2009, 06:28 PM
website address is dawniekins.com, however i have deleted some pages from ftp etc. and they are still appearing online, looking really messy.

is it possible to unpublish everything and start again ?