Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text renders different in Safari and Firefox

Thanks for your help in advance,

I was wondering if there's a way to make the Safari browser render text in the same manner as the Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer browsers. When I use the Blue Voda Website Builder, the text boxes are rendered accurately with Firefox and MIE, however Safari renders the text differently than it appears in Blue Voda.

I realize this might be a Safari issue, but if there's something I can do in the code I'd like to try it out.

Thanks!

Re: Text renders different in Safari and Firefox

Hi,

Scroll to the 2nd toolbar at the top of this page and select "SEARCH"

then enter "internet friendly fonts"
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thanks, I'll go check it out!

Comment

the only way you will get the visitors to see your type with the font style that you choose other than the web friendly fonts that you will be seeing per above response is by making it an image. if you make it an image then the visitor will see it exactly how you have made it. now the down side of this is keyword analysis as search engines will not read images. you can use the alt tag with the image but it is not the same, so in short if the look is what you want then make it an image - if the search engine friendly you want then you have to use the web friendly fonts. Here is an example where the site was made with Jester font and we wanted the look and we didnt care abut the search engines.
        www.tprspecialties.com
        hope this helps
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Like Bauer, I notice that Safari doesn't display text the same way the other browsers do, even though I almost always use Arial, Trebuchet MS, or another web friendly font. Specifically, when I preview my BV pages in Safari:

- the vertical spacing is tighter between lines of text
          - the fonts all seem to be smaller
          - the fonts all seem to be heavier

The result is blocks of text on my BV pages that do NOT look inviting to the eye, and large spaces with no text on them because Safari has compressed (vertically) the spacing in one or more paragraphs. But meanwhile, over in IE, FF, Opera, and Chrome, everything looks fine, just the way it does when I'm laying it out in BV.

Any advice on how to make Safari behave would be appreciated!

Comment

The browsers read it differently the best way to do it is preveiw on each and adjust accordingly.
            sigpicJoe
            Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
            The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Working...
            X