Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review office shopping pages

Hello everyone

I am trying my luck at google adsense Still got loads to do. Please let me know what you think so far.

Thanks

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Re: Please review office shopping pages

Nice work (Again) Darren.

Ok two pointers. Adsense... AND your advertisers.

For both of the above you really need to get some quick content on all your pages. I was in the same position when I set up my wedding directory.

Ok, so let's take advertisers first:

You find a site like this and you think about listing yourself.. so you go through the website and see little or no other advertisers on there... The first thing they will think is 'why should i pay to advertise on a site that no one else does, or is so new it probably doesn't get any more hits than their site does already.

So how do we overcome this? There are several ways I am sure, but the way I did it was spend 6 months to a year searching for sites that suited each category then just added them myself for free. Didn't even ask them.. I mean I doubt any of them would mind a FREE advert now huh?

I filled up every category page with at least four or five adverts whilst at the same time marketing the directory to gain many hits.

Once I was in a better position (but still not quite there to class my directory anywhere near my competition I put hundreds of posts over the net promoting LIFETIME advertising on my directory for a very small fee. I was inundated and waking up every morning to more money from Paypal than I could bank!!

I let that run like that for a further 6 months until the directory gained a lot more status and also looked a lot fuller!

Now I changed my advertising fees to yearly subscriptions and I never need to chase potential advertisers. Every day 7 days a week I get at least 2 or 3 advertisers join a subscription to go on the directory... this is THREE years on mind! These things don't happen overnight. Be prepared to give give give... and work hard for at least 2 years before it will become a viable directory.

Adsense: Pretty easy this one.. Google like you to have content on each page you place their advert blocks.. 1) they will be happy 2) You will get better placed adverts - click through rates - revenue once you have more content.

Hope that helps.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks Ramsey

Yes you are right and thats my next plan of action to put a load of free stuff on. A job for next weekend I think.

I have earned $2 so far, How great is that? Yipee!

Darren
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Next weekend? Have you seen how many categories you have?... LOL many many many weekends I think lol.

My first months earnings with Adsense was $2.20 I will never forget that. I can't tell you what it is now but it's enough that I only work because I like to! and that's getting less and less since I was bought Flight Sim for christmas lol.

Trust me, work hard on this one and you WILL come up smelling of roses. Small sites with the odd bit of adsense dotted here and there is a waste of time, but a good directory, if it is built well and marketed well will do you good.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
        X