Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

form won't redirect to success or failure urls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• form won't redirect to success or failure urls.

Hello! I am having a problem with the contact form on my site...
    www.midtnremodel.com/contact.php

It sends the entered data as it should, but upon hitting submit it won't redirect the user to the success or failure pages... it just give you a "oops! broken link" message. I know that the urls that I specified work, heck I even tried it with google as the destination! Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Re: form won't redirect to success or failure urls.

Its because you have set the ation to contact.php when it should be action.php and it should be on your success page or thank you page.

If you are using the form wizard you need to leave it set to the builtin action pages.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure I understand yet... I see what you mean about the the send button being set to contact.php, but only on the web browser. Inside the website builder, I can't find where it is set to contact.php anywhere! Also, I don't recall changing any settings... in the success and failure boxes, the default setting were ./success.html and ./error.html, I changed these both from this to my home page, www.midtnremodel.com. After your last suggestion, I added those suffixes back on, but I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant!

Thanks for your time!

Andy

Comment

Did you use the form wizard to create the form? Did you check the "use built in form processor" when you created it?
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks D'son... yes I did use the form wizard to create the form... and yes the box for "use built in form processor" is checked. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Right click on your form, properties.. and reset it to those built in processors etc.

The action is set to :contact.php. The only for that to be is because you have put it there on one of the tabs.. maybe even the validate tabs. Or you have set teh ONCLICK .

If you cant find it.. delete it and start over.. and.. do you really need that COUNTRY field? You gonna travel there to fix houses?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You said you changed the urls back to success and error.html did you create and publish these pages? Use the same names success and error when you save them.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.marseillesyouthsports.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net
              How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks Karen... will do

Comment

Ok... made a new form in the form wizard, selected use built in form processor to proccess form... put midtnremodel.com in both the success and fail destinations and added and published it. The action is the same as before... grayed out and won't let me alter the contents, it is set to
                  <?echo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];?) But again... I can't change this setting. Sorry if I'm just an idiot... but I'm at a loss here. Thanks for your patience and help!

Andy

Comment

The correct is

<?echo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];?>

which will then become, AUTOMATICALLY, contact.php when published.

Please use the FULL URL (http://www.yourdomain.com/successpage.html) as success URL in the form wizard, and the same for the error URL, replacing, of course, both the domain name AND the page names.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval Design, it worked... I guess my problem was the lack the http:// prefix. Thanks for hanging with me guys!

Comment

Working...
                      X