Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting with Voda

Hi there.
    I am new to Voda and so I have some questions!!!
    1. Where can you get some free templates or small size picture that could be used as a background for the site. I am looking for something related to Africa.

2. Is it possible to create a template and use it every time for a next page on the site? If yes, do you have to change something in the menubar of each page?

3. If I am on the home page of my web, how do I link it with my last one for example? I know that I will have to write some url, but what it will be and upon what it depends?

4. If I make a hyperlink from a picture and I refer to a picture of my hard drive, what do I type in the hyperlink?

5. Is there any help that I can use offline?

Thanks a million guys
    Dom

Re: Starting with Voda

Hi Dom,
    1. VodaHost has loads of free templates (www.vodahost.com) or check out the www for images of africa.
    2. Yes. Yes unless you want the exact same menubar.
    3. Don't understand the question - but hyperlinking is quite straightforward - watch the tutorial: http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt..._hyperlink.htm
    4. Again - watch the above tutorial. If then you are still struggling pop back here and ask.
    5. I'm not sure of the answer to this. I suspect it's mostly online.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Starting with Voda

2. Is it possible to create a template and use it every time for a next page on the site? If yes, do you have to change something in the menubar of each page?

Yes you can. Open a new page in BV, insert the Africa or other image that you want to use as background. Build your menu bar, and eventual header or footer, then save it as a template. If you have already decided the structure of your site, and the names of your pages, you can also insert the links to your pages, so you will have them ready in the template. A different way to go would be to opt for a menu bar in a i-frame, so you can create it or edit it whenever you want simply editing the menupage. Have a look at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...html#post19544

3. If I am on the home page of my web, how do I link it with my last one for example? I know that I will have to write some url, but what it will be and upon what it depends?

When you create your menubar, the buttons will be linked to the various pages on your site. Girlonthehill has already provided you the link to the tutorial. Also, as a header for every section of this forum, you may find the links to the relevant tutorials.

4. If I make a hyperlink from a picture and I refer to a picture of my hard drive, what do I type in the hyperlink?

You can't link your site to your hard disc. You can only link your pages to the content of your site. So you will have to upload the image from your disk to your site, using FTP, and then link from your page to the image file, which usualy is a .gif or .jpg file.

The link is usualy: http://www.yourdomain.com/imagefile.jpg

5. Is there any help that I can use offline?

No, it's all online
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X