Deleting old website and publishing new one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting old website and publishing new one

I am apparently missing something. We transferred our domain with the old website to Blue Voda because I build a new site on the BV software. We have since transferred our domain www.greenturfirrigationinc.com to blue voda from yahoo. When I look up on Whois.net to see if the transfer went thru it is still showing it is hosted by yahoo:

Tech Name............
    YahooDomains
    TechContact
    Tech Address......... 701 First Ave.
    Tech Address.........
    Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
    Tech Address......... 94089
    Tech Address......... CA
    Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
    Tech Email........... domain.tech******-INC.COM
    Tech Phone........... +1.6198813096
    Tech Fax.............
    Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com

To make things more
    confusing
    ... I have attempted to publish the new website and it is showing up but only on the temporary
    url
    . I am frustrated now because I can't get it to publish on our perm domain. Can anyone help???

Old website
    http://greenturfirrigationinc.com

New website sitting in limbo
    http://74.86.118.21/~qurqbblb/
    Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com

Re: Deleting old website and publishing new one

Depends when you did the transfer, Can take upto 24 hours to probgate
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Have you also pointed your DNS to the vodahost servers ?
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
        Have you also pointed your DNS to the vodahost servers ?
        I have no idea what that means? All I know is the old web sight is still up and the new one on the same domain name is only in the temp files. Do I need to delete the old one before uploading the new design? Or is this a setting I'm missing?

Comment

When did you do the transfer?
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi ..

Okay, Blue Voda is the website builder and voda host is the hostiing company. With that being said, did you actually fill out a domain transfer request? Did you receive confirmation that your domain would be transferred, did you respond to that email. Often times people think that they have transferred when they have not. So unless you did all that, you have not transferred. If you did, it depends on your registrar as well, in getting back to voda host with the transfer. Just as another note, many voda hosting accounts are opened using a domain name that already exists at another domain registrar, this doesn't initiate a domain name transfer, that is another process.

As others mentioned and asked if you pointed your domain to voda servers?

If in fact you have requested a transfer of the domain, you will wait until voda host has finalized that transaction for you. This domain will then show up in your vbs (billing) you will then log in there and change the domain name servers if voda host does not do this at the same time.

If you havent actually requested a domain name transfer, you can, if you like, keep your domain at the current registrar and point the domain to your voda host servers. You do this by logging into your domain registrar and change DNS .. you could ask them (your domain registrar) to do that for you possibly as well.

The DNS you are looking for is the servers .. ns15.vodahost.com and
            ns16.vodahost.com .. they will look something like that .. two are needed.

So .. the question is if you applied for a transfer and if so when?

When all is transferred, or your domain is pointed to your voda server, you will publish your new blue voda pages to your website, first page being named, saved and published as index - all small letters.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
              Hi ..

Okay, Blue Voda is the website builder and voda host is the hostiing company. With that being said, did you actually fill out a domain transfer request? Did you receive confirmation that your domain would be transferred, did you respond to that email. Often times people think that they have transferred when they have not. So unless you did all that, you have not transferred. If you did, it depends on your registrar as well, in getting back to voda host with the transfer. Just as another note, many voda hosting accounts are opened using a domain name that already exists at another domain registrar, this doesn't initiate a domain name transfer, that is another process.

As others mentioned and asked if you pointed your domain to voda servers?

If in fact you have requested a transfer of the domain, you will wait until voda host has finalized that transaction for you. This domain will then show up in your vbs (billing) you will then log in there and change the domain name servers if voda host does not do this at the same time.

If you havent actually requested a domain name transfer, you can, if you like, keep your domain at the current registrar and point the domain to your voda host servers. You do this by logging into your domain registrar and change DNS .. you could ask them (your domain registrar) to do that for you possibly as well.

The DNS you are looking for is the servers .. ns15.vodahost.com and
              ns16.vodahost.com .. they will look something like that .. two are needed.

So .. the question is if you applied for a transfer and if so when?

When all is transferred, or your domain is pointed to your voda server, you will publish your new blue voda pages to your website, first page being named, saved and published as index - all small letters.
              Ok yes we did the transfer, and I was able to log in set up emails all that.

The domain was set up by someone else for us and is owned by us but was set up on yahoo. So does that mean I need to log in to yahoo and change something?

Comment

Okay,

So .. it is my understanding you have requested a transfer ..

you did this http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/dom...-transfer.html

And when was that .. ?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

The transfer was requested on January 14th and we got the email stating the transfer was complete on January 15th. At that point we were given our username and password. Our domain is listed correctly

Package Details: PACKAGE
                  VodaHost
                  Annual Billing
                  BILLING CYCLE Annually DOMAIN NAME(S)
                  greenturfirrigationinc
                  .com
                  NEXT RENEWAL DATE 2010/01/14 Account Details: DOMAIN
                  greenturfirrigationinc
                  .com
                  SITE URL http://www.greenturfirrigationinc.com TEMPORARY URL http://74.86.118.21/~qurqbblb/

Control Panel &
                  BlueVoda
                  Publishing Details:
                  YOUR IP ADDRESS 74.86.118.21 CONTROL PANEL LOGIN URL http://74.86.118.21/cpanel MASTER USERNAME
                  MASTER PASSWORD

At that point I attempted to publish the new site and it is not showing up on the our the site url however the new stuff I published is showing up on the temporary url. When I publish from Blue Voda I entered the ip address listed above and so I am really not understanding why it is not publishing.

Comment

You have a green page that says "Welcome to the home of Green Turf Irrigation, Inc. We are a family-owned company serving the greater Houston area since 1993." I see it but your inages are not showing. Just click on the link http://www.greenturfirrigationinc.com/
                    Reguards
                    Ed
                    www.dsondesigns.com
                    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                    www.300hitter.com
                    www.bigjk.net
                    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Yes that is the old website it is now the new one I have attempted to publish. I think I may have figured out the problem. I never called yahoodomains to ask them to unlock it and give me the access key. I will be doing that first thing in the morning and then follow the remaining transfer instructions. I don't remember ever having to do that before.

So I am guessing the issue was that it was never unlocked and released to voda so thats why its not showing the new website I built yet. Right?

Comment

Yes, when I transfered mine I had to do that and I believe you have to respond to the email that VodaHost sent with that code.
                        Reguards
                        Ed
                        www.dsondesigns.com
                        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                        www.300hitter.com
                        www.bigjk.net
                        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
                          Yes, when I transfered mine I had to do that and I believe you have to respond to the email that VodaHost sent with that code.
                          Thank you!!!

I feel I am finally moving forward now. Yahoo is sitting San Diego, CA and I am in Houston, TX so I will have to call them in the morning. Hopefully the transfer will go smoothly after the phone call.

Thanks for all of your help!

Comment

Originally posted by greenturfirrigationinc View Post
                            The transfer was requested on January 14th and we got the email stating the transfer was complete on January 15th. At that point we were given our username and password. Our domain is listed correctly

Package Details: PACKAGE
                            VodaHost
                            Annual Billing
                            BILLING CYCLE Annually DOMAIN NAME(S)
                            greenturfirrigationinc
                            .com
                            NEXT RENEWAL DATE 2010/01/14 Account Details: DOMAIN
                            greenturfirrigationinc
                            .com
                            SITE URL http://www.greenturfirrigationinc.com TEMPORARY URL http://74.86.118.21/~qurqbblb/

Control Panel &
                            BlueVoda
                            Publishing Details:
                            YOUR IP ADDRESS 74.86.118.21 CONTROL PANEL LOGIN URL http://74.86.118.21/cpanel MASTER USERNAME
                            MASTER PASSWORD

At that point I attempted to publish the new site and it is not showing up on the our the site url however the new stuff I published is showing up on the temporary url. When I publish from Blue Voda I entered the ip address listed above and so I am really not understanding why it is not publishing.

No .. see, that is what I was questioning you about all along, if you had actually transferred the domain or not, you had only opened a voda host account ..

yes, you need to do the transfer .. its a different process as I mentioned several threads up ..

Now, don't forget to log into your vbs after the transfer, if you successfully get that done, and point your domain to your voda host servers as well .. all will then be good for you ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                            X