After the transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the transfer

Once again I am new at this. But I do have a website that was hosted by someone else, I transferred my domain name and it already has been moved to voda host............however when I click Sangiorgiositalianbistro.com my old website from the other host comes on. How can I change this so it shows the new website I made with vodahost thanks for any info Lucia
    Lucia
    A smile is contagious

www.sangiorgiositalianbistro.com

Re: After the transfer

the DNS of your domain is pointed to another server NS1.ABAC.COM/NS2.ABAC.COM.
    you have to change and has to be pointed to vodahost
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/dom...rvers-dns.html

Comment

Hi Maninsilence, thanks so much for your response I went back to change the dns as you suggested and this is what it reads
      dns ns1.vodahost.com
      ns2.vodahost.com
      so i think I am with vodahost, am I right in assuming that? boy this is sooooooo confusing regards, Lucia
      Lucia
      A smile is contagious

Comment

now yes, but few hours before still to the other server. i don't know which dns is your account in vodahost . this usually is given to you together with your welcoming email from vodahost. if you have just signed up this month I am sure it will at at ns11/ns12.vodahost.com

Comment

Thanks I will be patient and wait. I have been trying for over 10 days to get my website up and running but it is to no avail I know this is not the right page to ask you this but perhaps you can help I have been trying to call customer support and it is impossible they refer me back to web site i transferred sangiorgiositalianbistro.com had it hosted by vodahost and the whole nine yards but if you click on the above website it says it is still hosted my mvdesign............and its my old website which is terrible....I finished doing all my web pages i published them but i can not get them up and running what am i doing wrong if you can help me i would appreciate it thanks a bunch lucia
          Lucia
          A smile is contagious

Comment

Originally posted by italianbistro
            Thanks I will be patient and wait. I have been trying for over 10 days to get my website up and running but it is to no avail I know this is not the right page to ask you this but perhaps you can help I have been trying to call customer support and it is impossible they refer me back to web site i transferred sangiorgiositalianbistro.com had it hosted by vodahost and the whole nine yards but if you click on the above website it says it is still hosted my mvdesign............and its my old website which is terrible....I finished doing all my web pages i published them but i can not get them up and running what am i doing wrong if you can help me i would appreciate it thanks a bunch lucia
            Well, now it's up and running, Fontana di Trevi is just an absolute beauty. Everybody that visits the site, please switch your sound system on. Hear some piece of Italian music!
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I didn't realize it was your .net site you were talking about. I had visited your site a couple of days ago, and it was all different. It got me confused.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Grazie per la informazione BUT.........I dont see my site up and running I was referring to Sangiorgiositalianbistro.com ............and you did see La Fontana di Trevi but I dont see it. It tells me page can not be displayed how in the world did you see it. I am assuming you are Italian by looking at your website........I was born in Italy............all the help you can give me I will appreciate thanks I am totally lost...........Lucia
                Lucia
                A smile is contagious

Comment

Grazie per la informazione BUT.........I dont see my site up and running I was referring to Sangiorgiositalianbistro.com ............and you did see La Fontana di Trevi but I dont see it. It tells me page can not be displayed how in the world did you see it. I am assuming you are Italian by looking at your website........I was born in Italy............all the help you can give me I will appreciate thanks I am totally lost...........Lucia
                  Hi Lucia,

i'm not Italian but i live and work in Italy. And yes, I can see your site. This only means that your browser is caching and still shows up the old page or the "Page not found" message. Connect to your site and press F5 some times to refresh. This should be enough. If not, post back and i'll give you a link to a cache cleaner.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you soooooooo much. I finally see my website.....now all I have to do is link my pages which I have but i keep getting a different screen with sangiorgiositalianbistro.net on top and then various other places to surf too has nothing to do with my links. Can you please help. I am so sorry to bother you but you have been very helpful thanks once again Lucia
                    Lucia
                    A smile is contagious

Comment

Ok I am sorry to bother you Navaldesign but i think i see my mistakes if i can just fix it.......if I go to my website it comes up great.........when I click the button for menu it takes me to sangiorgiositalianbistronet but if i manually go to internet explorer and type sangiorgiositalianbistro.com/awards my correct page comes up I am almost there I am soooooooo happy maybe by the end of the day i will be up and running thanks to you I just have to iron out that wrinkle please help thanks Lucia
                      Lucia
                      A smile is contagious

Comment

Ok I am sorry to bother you Navaldesign but i think i see my mistakes if i can just fix it.......if I go to my website it comes up great.........when I click the button for menu it takes me to sangiorgiositalianbistronet but if i manually go to internet explorer and type sangiorgiositalianbistro.com/awards my correct page comes up I am almost there I am soooooooo happy maybe by the end of the day i will be up and running thanks to you I just have to iron out that wrinkle please help thanks Lucia
                        well i suppose you just have to correct the links in your menu bar. Go in your home page, double click the menubar, then click on the items (the Button words) in the window, Edit, and correct the URL. When you're done, copy the whole menubar, go to your other pages, delet the menubar (because it still has the old links in those pages) and paste the correct menubar from your homepage. Use the Paste icon from the upper toolbar, as this will paste the menubar in the exact same posotion as in your homepage.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

i also saw that sangiorgiositalianbistro.net is also registered in your name ?
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Yes, when I couldnt get com to work I registered net but i have 3 pages up already cant get map and menu to work dont know why I will keep trying once again I would have never done this without you THANKS A BUNCH Lucia Where are you in Italy just got back not to long ago....
                            Lucia
                            A smile is contagious

Comment

Yes, when I couldnt get com to work I registered net but i have 3 pages up already cant get map and menu to work dont know why I will keep trying once again I would have never done this without you THANKS A BUNCH Lucia Where are you in Italy just got back not to long ago....
                              You can't see the pages because you have published them as Map and Menu . The links in your menu bar are map and menu with lowercase m. I'm in Sicily, near Palermo
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X