big spaces at the bottom of each cell in a table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big spaces at the bottom of each cell in a table

I'm filling a table with text that I've written in Word. I'm copying the paragraphs from Word and pasting them into each cell of the table in BV. In BV, the text fills the whole cell of the table (the bottom margin of the cell is flush with the bottom row), but when I preview it, there is a big space (maybe 5 or 6 lines worth) between the bottom line of text and the bottom margin of the cell. This happens with every cell in every row. Can anyone tell me how to not have the big space at the bottom of each cell?

Re: big spaces at the bottom of each cell in a table

Did you set the tables properties for cell padding & cell spacing to a low number, or even "0".
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

This is a common problem with importing (copying) things from Word, Word formats things differently than BV and the to do not play nice with each other. Your best bet is to either add (type in) your text directly into BV or use the Note pad to do this.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks for responding.
        Chris, yes, all the numbers are set to 0.
        D'son, when you say to use Notepad, do you mean to copy my text from Word into notepad and then into BV, or type it afresh in notepad and copy from there to BV. I've never used Notepad so I don't know how I would work with it.

Comment

wherevere you are copying the info from you should ALWAYS put it into notepad first. Then copy it again from notepad and then paste into BV as Ed mentions above
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Marinky, it does the same thing when I copy from Word into Notepad and then from Notepad into BV. It still has a big space at the bottom of each cell.

Oh, oh, I just found out that even typing all the copy new in BV does the same thing! What do I do now?

Comment

place your cursor at the end of the text in each cell - Hit the delete button like 10-20 times. then place your cursor over the horizontal line underneath each text until the arrow has an up and down head on it, hold your left mouse button down and drag the line up.
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I did that but the same thing happens. Still big space at bottom.

Comment

want to send me the page by email? If so get my address from the top link in my sig below, I'll have a quick look for you

Comment

Do you mean the page in BV or in Word? I don't have the pages published on a website yet, I'm still writing the content and trying to figure out how to use BV first.

Comment

the bv page. Close the builder down and email me the page in question

Comment

I am not very computer literate, so I don't know exactly how to do that. How do I email a page of BV. If you could spell out the exact steps I need to do I would appreciate it. All I can think of is to copy the table from bV and paste it into a new message form in gmail. Is that what I should do?

Comment

Open gmail
                          Put my address in

Click 'add attachment' or 'add file'

Browse to C: > My Documents > Blue Voda > Then click on the file in there

Send.

Sit back and wait.

Comment

Ok, got your page file. As I said above you need to just drag the horizontal lines of your table up towards the text, it's that simple.

Click on ech line once, so it shows an arrow up and arrow down then holding your mouse button down drag the line up to the text. Worked for me fine

Comment

Oh, oh. I did that from the very beginning. On my page in BV the bottom margins are touching the bottom line of text. I even moved the margins down and then up again. I'm using IE to preview the pages, could that be the problem? In BV there's no big space, it's only when I preview it in IE that there's a big space. I tried to change my default browser to FF so I could preview the page there but I couldn't seem to find out how to change my default browser from IE to FF.

Comment

Working...
                              X