PDA

View Full Version : Similar to a lightbox..but not quite!

desaransiberians
01-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi,

I have read all the other fourms but cant seem to find my answer.
What i want to do is similar to what the lightbox does but instead of opening over the page and having to close the photo, i just want to be able to click on the thumbnail and the larger photo comes up in the center of the page but it is still part of the page.

Here is a page that shows exactly what i want to do.
http://www.anyka.com.au/Penny.html

See how the thumbnails are in the photography section but when clicked on they also appear larger in the center of the page.

Can anyone help me with doing this please???

Thanks in advance
Sara

Alien Dude
01-24-2009, 11:42 AM
If you want to do the same as in that site then i suggest using the same script which you will find HERE (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail2.htm) and use the "on click" instead of the "mouseover" command.

davidundalicia
01-24-2009, 12:40 PM
This can also be achieved in bluevoda by using an Iframe as in this example here. (http://unionsinfronteras.com/beach/)

desaransiberians
01-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Thanks Alien Dude, but that was a little to complicated with all the coding. However Davidundalicia would you please be able to give me a little more direction on how to use the Iframe to get my result..i am only just learning the Iframe and dont know to much yet.

Thanks for all previous help
Sara

davidundalicia
01-24-2009, 11:16 PM
If you are still at the learning stage then why not have a look at these step by step visual tutorials here: (http://mybluevodaspace.com/forums/index.php/topic,19.0.html)
As soon as you feel comfortable, post back here and we can take it from there.........

desaransiberians
01-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks but it wont let me login in..im not new at building a website this is my second bluevoda one, but this is the first time i have used Iframes. I experimented and worked out how to work it, but just one question is there some way that i can get it to like fade in or to some sort of effect when it goes into the Iframe??

Thanks for your help
Sara

desaransiberians
01-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Also, is there some way to change the colour of the Iframe?? And how can i make it so that the first picture is already up in the frame when the page is first viewed???

Thanks again,
Sara

davidundalicia
01-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Thanks but it wont let me login in..im not new at building a website this is my second bluevoda one, but this is the first time i have used Iframes. I experimented and worked out how to work it, but just one question is there some way that i can get it to like fade in or to some sort of effect when it goes into the Iframe??

Thanks for your help
Sara

You dont have to login, you can view all of the info as a guest.

If you wish to login you need to register first, but I repeat, all the info is available to you.

On your question;
you have 2 pages
the first one has the iframe, so its your main page.
the 2nd one has the information(text or photo) which will be displayed in the Iframe on your 1st/main page.

To execute the fade/rollin/and other fancy stuff you do that on your 2nd page in the page properties box.

Then when the 2nd fills the iframe the 2nd will do that stuff...................

davidundalicia
01-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Also, is there some way to change the colour of the Iframe?? And how can i make it so that the first picture is already up in the frame when the page is first viewed???

Thanks again,
Sara

You can change border colour of the Iframe in the properties.
The inside/background of the iframe is actually your second page which fills the Iframe.

To load the first pic, you put the url of your 2nd page in the Iframe properties box.

desaransiberians
01-25-2009, 12:22 AM
ok i dont quite understand what you mean about having two pages, my Iframe and thumbnails are on the same page and it works, but i need the Iframes background colour to be changed. I tried putting my thumnails on a new page and setting the target to the Iframe name on my main page, but it did not work.

Sorry if i seem dumb, but thanks for all your help.
Sara

davidundalicia
01-25-2009, 12:44 AM
The iframe and the thumbnails are right to be on the main page
your other pages(one for each larger photo) should all be published.
then you link each thumbnail to photo page and set the target to the iframe name.
To view the background in the iframe make the photos just a little bit smaller than the iframe itself.
or make the iframe fit the pictures(they must all be the same size)

You may have to tweek and peek a little, but it will be worth it.

desaransiberians
01-25-2009, 12:57 AM
ok so just to see if i understand what you are saying.

I have my main page with the Iframe and Thumbnails on it.
and i have say another 3 pages with a background colour and one enlarged photo to each page.

Then i click on that enlarged photo and set the target to "the iFrames name"

I then publish my main page (do i have to publish the 3 individual pages??)
and it will work!!

Is that right???

davidundalicia
01-25-2009, 01:12 AM
I am off to bed right now as I have had along day, and I am starting to make mistakes, but it looks as if you have got it.
All your 3pages must be published otherwise you get an iframe error.
Do them one at a time and you wont go wrong.

byeeeeeeeeeee

davidundalicia
01-25-2009, 04:08 PM
No, the links and the "target" are both set in the thumbnails properties box.

you have 2 things involved here
1) your page with the iframe and the thumbnails
2) any other pages that you wish to display in the iframe.

Go here to see the visual demo that I have created for you. (http://mybluevodaspace.com/forums/index.php/topic,19.0.html) (2nd item down)