Adding a comments section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a comments section

How can I add a comments section that will display user comments after i have moderated them on the website? I tried using wordpress, but i can't see how i can make the blog page look like the rest of my pages (cloning pages in blue voda to make them all have the same appearance). Can someone help me with this?

also I'm quite confused with my SQL databases and such.... I gather that has something to do with wordpress? Tried following the tutorials but didn't really clear anything up.

my url is www.auto-go.net you can see how all my pages look alike and i want the blog page to look like the rest of them. thanks for the help!

Re: Adding a comments section

It will take a script in order to have comments on your website. I don't know of one offhand that is just comments, but you might want to search a website like hotscripts.com. BV itself isn't capable of doing this without a script to interact with a database or other storage method and manage the comments.

At any rate just about any script you find will require some modification to make it look like the rest of your website.

Unless you want to learn html and a scripting language like php, your only options are to either use a script like wordpress which has styles you can install. You might be able to find one with the same color scheme as your site, or you can hire someone to take your current design and make a style for wordpress that matches your site.

The other choice is to hire someone to write a script that will integrate well with your existing site.

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

ok. ill check hotscripts. thanks Watdaflip

Comment

wow, there is alot on that site.. anybody recommend a good script? I'd like to keep it to ones that are free - duh - and ones that don't require database software or just store entries in a file in the directory. thanks for any help

Comment

I can't recommend any as I haven't used any comment scripts, but whatever script you do use will have to use either a database or text file. The comments have to be stored somewhere.

Vodahost provides you with databases on your own account, and there are tutorials to help you set the database. The script should have some sort of install file (or atleast an export of the database tables to be imported). The majority will use a database as it is quicker, easier, and more efficient then flat text files.

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
          X