Need Some Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Help

I have built some pages for my site. I am the owner of a Limousine service in South Carolina, in business for 12 years and have never had a site. Anyway, I am at the beginning stages. I have built several pages, have no real clue how to link them, have a couple of things that I would like to change on a couple of the pages and have no only a slight clue about meta words. I have not registered the site anywhere yet and have been using the preview for test.
    Unfortunately, I am starting to run out of time and need some help to get it all screwed together. I work all day and have spare moments between 9AM-6pm but do have time up through about 1am from 6pm on and have come in at 5am for some additional time. I would like to have somebody that's knowledgeable to look at what I have and give me an idea about the cost to get it up and running. The big factor is that I am creating an on-line reservation capability the rest of the site is fairly vanilla.
    Thanks for any responses.
    TonySC

I can be reached directly at busstationaiken@atlantic.net or Toll Free
    877-648-5466. I have been here since 5AM this morning and need to go home now, but will check for responses tomorrow morning.

Re: Need Some Help

You can't link your pages together until you have a domain name and a hosting account, you have to have your pages published. There are complete tutorials on hyperlinking, click the view videos tab on the bottom of your builder page. There are also videos on how to publish and many other tools you may need to get your site up and running. If time is of the essence as you say then I would not hessitate and sign up for an account right now. Click the OrderNow link at the top of this page. Then if you need further help post again and will will be willing to assist you further.

Also you need to post in the correct forum (general issues for this one) and never post your email or phone numbers in a forum. You can open yourself up to all kinds of spam, these forums are crawled by search engines.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

D'Son,
      I appreciate your response. I thought I had picked the proper category to Post this message. I find this Forum fairly helpful but confusing as to where to Post a message. I have viewed various tutorials, many of them several times, trying to figure out what I should be doing. I really don't care for them, because I do not understand some of the functions and they do not explain clearly in layman's terms what they are for. I have been involved in computers for over 30 years but not creating web-sites and have done all kinds of things from data recovery of crashed disks to setting up a fairly good sized network with servers and mutiple stations, to writing software diagnostics for hardware. Any way to get back to my problem. I know I need to sign up somewhere, I am just not sure why I should use BlueVoda versus ****** or Justhost. I become concerned when I have to use custom software to publish versus Coffee Cup and I read several bad reviews of BlueVoda hosting. I can not find Bluevoda Hosting listed on any of the ranking sites. Let me know what you think.
      TonySC

Comment

Well the choice is ultamately yours but let me tell you why I chose it.
        1. BV web builder is the best I have found (and I tried many) for those like us that are not web building gurus. It allows you total flexability (unlike the others) it is very easy to incorporate other software and elements. And the help you recieve in this forum from others with widely varying back grounds (from novice to expert) is something the others do not offer. And the end product can look as if you spent thousands of dollars and hired a professional to do it. (that part is up to your creative ability)
        2. Many thousands of satisfied cusomers, sure you will find some that are unhappy, ususally due to the fact they refuse to really do any of research (watching the videos or searching threads) or work for themselves and basically want someone to tell them what to do from start to finish.
        3. Many of the other hosts spend thousands (maybe millions) to promote their products so they appear in searches as you conducted to appear superior. When in fact they offer the same or sometimes less. VodaHost is constantly adding servers and making improvements to keep up with the ever changing demands. And the price is unbeatable.
        4. All the extras, you can choose to build in BV but they also offer several other choices and many e-commerce solutions and shopping cart options (that can be used in BV) as well.

Take the Royal tour, see what they offer, watch some of the videos. Play around with the builder, then look for yourself if anyone else offers any thing as easy or close to what BV and VH do. Then make up your mind for yourself, I tend not to listen to what others think and rely on what I can see and touch myself.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting
        (I think you'll be back)
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net

Comment

D'son,
          I have not gone anywhere, I am just looking for advice. I did get a response to my initial request from Karen and sent her a couple of my pages, with an explanation of what I would like to have happen on those pages. Quite frankly, I like my designs, I am just not sure what I want done is that easy and I certainly do not know how to do it. As an example,
          On the initial page I ask for Name, Phone # & Email address and 3 questions: Are we taking you to the Airport?(yes or no);Are we pickup you up at the Airport?(yes or no);Will you need a return pickup?(yes or no).#1. I need to make sure those entires are made. #2.Depending on the answers, when activating a "Continue Button" you are take to the Airport Departure Page or the Airport Arrival Page, where the initial Name, Phone # & Email address are automatically filled in on those pages and the answer to the Return question on the first page if yes takes you to the return page after the Arrival or Departure pages are completed. If there is a return, once that information if completed an email is sent to me containing of the info and an Email is sent to the customer,with their requested information stating the a Confirmation will be sent. The same situation would occur if there is no return. As I said before, I like my pages and my layout, I just do not know how to get it screwed together. I went to your website but did not see anything about how to contact you.
          TonySC

Comment

Just click the contact us link at the bottom of the page. I remember (or think it was you) that you posted that question in the threads. Navaldesign has a multipage form that will work for this. Might be in tips and tricks not sure I have to look for it. As far as the layout, this is a peer to peer forum, and taste varies widely. We try to make suggestions on how we feel it should or could look but you make the final decision as to how you want it.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net

Comment

Ed,
              I am going to send you 2 of my pages and see what you think.
              TonySC

Comment

Ok
                Reguards
                Ed
                www.dsondesigns.com
                www.300hitter.com
                www.bigjk.net

Comment

Got it.
                  Did you get my email?
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net

Comment

Ed,
                    Got your Email, thanks. I thought your comment about the loud colors interesting because, when looking at your site kind of reminded me of my former wife (a good woman by the way) but she always wore your basic browns & grays. Be that as it may, I got a response from Karen and she had the link to NavDesign's multi-page form. I looked at the stuff on the link and it will work with what I want to do, however I am not sure that I have the time to figure out how. I guess the first thing I need to do is get registered so that I can publish and go from there. Which I will do.
                    Thanks again,
                    TonySC

Comment

Hey like I said that was my opinion, and your right my ex-wife had the eye for color. I just muddle along, actually that sight has had several different color pallets. This is just the one that most of the users seemed to like the best.
                      Reguards
                      Ed
                      www.dsondesigns.com
                      www.300hitter.com
                      www.bigjk.net

Comment

Ed,
                        I signed up and hopefully will have access tomorrow to see how bad or good my site will be.
                        Tony

Comment

Look forward to seeing it.
                          Reguards
                          Ed
                          www.dsondesigns.com
                          www.300hitter.com
                          www.bigjk.net

Comment