PDA

View Full Version : Inline Frame

sperry73
01-26-2009, 02:49 AM
I'd like to use this feature. I'm thinking it will work for what i need but then it doesnt seem to...lol
Ok so i have 5 pages in word of text that i'd like to put in the box and allow the view to use the scroll bar and read it all...
I open an Inline Frame, add it all to the Alternate text box.. it doesnt show up. So i view it in a browser thinking maybe its like an html box.. nada...
any thoughts?

RichardM
01-26-2009, 03:06 AM
Save your word doc as a web page, upload to server using ftp tool.
Open BV. Insert iframe, right click, type address of html file into URL section. save your bv file....This should work.
Richard

D'son
01-26-2009, 03:07 AM
The inline frame is basically just a window that you can display other pages in. If you want your word documents to show in it you need to upload your word documents to your public_html folder. You can use the ftp manager or go through your control panel and select file manager, click the upload button at the top of the frame and browse for the document. Once it is up loaded you can link the document to the Iframe by double clicking inside the iframe you added and in the url field type in the link, for example:
http://www.yoursite.com/name_of_document.doc
replace the yoursite name with the name of your site and the name_of_document with the name you gave the document. Note do not use spaces in the name of the document when you save it.
Save the page with the Iframe, you can preveiw it to get the size of the Iframe right, and publish it once you are satisfied. Remember to save it after you make any adjustments or changes.

sperry73
01-26-2009, 03:08 AM
i may have figured it out... created a page with just the text... linked the inline frame box to it by creating the URL... does that sound right?

sperry73
01-26-2009, 03:10 AM
oh that would be better then i could actually see it prior to publishing it... can't i just save the word doc into my BV folder?

D'son
01-26-2009, 03:13 AM
No you have to get it on your server, you have to up load it. The same thing as having to publish your pages, they have to be on the server to work.

sperry73
01-26-2009, 03:16 AM
well none of this is published yet... i'm just in the building stage... are you saying i should use the BV site and upload it to there... forgive me for being so bad at this... I really am not sure how to do that

D'son
01-26-2009, 03:20 AM
To publish BV you are going to have to have a hosting account with VodaHost and a domain name, you can get a domain name free for one year when you sign up. Until then there is no way to link any of your pages pages or make the iframe work for this. Click the OrderNow link at the top of this page.

sperry73
01-26-2009, 03:23 AM
ahh ok... i have the hosting acccount... we are transferring a current site for our free transfer and then the one i'm currently working on now will be our free one.. I have an email from them with the logon info... its all a bit daunting to me... if i get this site going before the one transfer will doing that jeopardize my one free transfer?

D'son
01-26-2009, 03:28 AM
You lost me how many sites are there in total, one or two? You can have as many domains (sites) as you wish on the same account as long as they are all yours (the person who signed up for the account) You will have to purchase the extra domain names though.

sperry73
01-26-2009, 03:54 AM
ok... sorry i was gone for a bit... just logged into the cpanel and uploaded the word doc ... so now its there but ...lol... how do i get it to the page?
we have two sites...
perrys-hobbys.com (new)
nolabelapparel.com (will transfer)

D'son
01-26-2009, 03:59 AM
In the Iframe properties enter the url to the doc for example
http://www.perrys-hobbys.com/nameOfDocument.doc (http://www.perrys-hobbys.com/nameOfDocument.doc)
If you put it inside another folder in your public_html folder add that to the url

sperry73
01-26-2009, 04:07 AM
its in the public_html folder... i copied it into there from the public_ftp folder... so http://www.perrys_hobbys.com/moviefeedback.doc thats it?
and then after this i have another question my brigadier general transformer =)

sperry73
01-26-2009, 04:11 AM
um so my husband just laughed at me cuz thats not a transformer its Ironman... sheesh... like i woulda known.. i thought ironman was gold n red...
=)

sperry73
01-26-2009, 04:20 AM
hello?

D'son
01-26-2009, 04:22 AM
That the prototype version before he painted it. :)

Man I hate having to wait the 120 seconds between posts.

sperry73
01-26-2009, 04:29 AM
lol... i almost wrote that in the post... about it being the prototype...lolol.. that movie was awesome... I wonder why they make us wait that long?
i tried to preview it and it doesnt preview like the other pages... i know i won't be able to see the document in the frame but i wonder why the rest of the page isn't viewing properly
ok i posted a new thread about another question but i have a movie clip that we want to link on this site.. does it need to be uploaded to the public_html file?

D'son
01-26-2009, 04:32 AM
You should be able to preview it as long as the Word doc is uploaded and you linked to it. What kind of movie is it, what format I mean?

sperry73
01-26-2009, 04:38 AM
it says the file type is movie clip and it opens with Quicktime...
I uploaded the doc... it says its in the public_html folder... thats right, right?

sperry73
01-26-2009, 04:43 AM
i had to change it to Windows media cuz the file type wasn't recognized by Quick time

D'son
01-26-2009, 04:44 AM
it says the file type is movie clip and it opens with Quicktime...
There is a quick time player in the builder, you can add the movie to it providing it is not too long (then it will take a long time to load on your web page) If you have problems with this start a post on adding a movie to your site and someone with more experience with movies will reply.
I uploaded the doc... it says its in the public_html folder... thats right, right?
Yes thats right, how did you link to it, what did you type in for the URL?