Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some q about publishing and subdomains..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some q about publishing and subdomains..

Hello!

I have created and published my homepage with BlueVoda and I am really satisfyed with everything.

I just have some questions that I guess is quite simple in your eyes. Hope so anyway =)
    My url is: www.harsten.nu

- When I have published my homepage om some sides it appears things that ain't there on my side when publishing the page. It's like one of the buttons have ended up under my title. I have done a ellips under the title and it disappears when this button with text and everything gets there instead..

-I have created subfolders in the controlpanel. i've learned that the first page as in the mailfolder has to be named "index". But, in the blueFTP, should I there create a map and name it with the name of my subfolder and in that folder lay the new index-page. I mean otherwise it has to be a bit confusing if it's two indexpages in the same map. Perhaps it's so easy so the word subfolder means that it should be a subfolder?? Sounds kind of intelligent.. = )

- I can't get in to the page www.harsten.nu/webmail. Do you have an idea of what can be the problem. I should admit that I have only tried from work and I know that we are behind firewalls but I can do most of the otherthings so I think it's so confusing. I mean, I can publish and go in to other webpages except from this.

That was my questions.
    I hope my english ain't a problem for you.

Long for your answers!

// Emma

Re: Some q about publishing and subdomains..

named your subfolder other than webmail, because if you named webmail then you load www.yourdomain/webmail in the browser it will bring you to mail management of control panel. the same thing with cpnel if you type www.yourdomain/cpanel it will bring you to control panel. So change the name of your sub folder other than webmail and cpanel
    Nyoman

Comment

Hi!

I haven't named my subfolders to cpnel or webmail. So that can't be the problem.
      My second question about how to do with subfolders I managed to figure out myself. But the first and the last questions still remains.

// Emma

Comment

Ok i was missuderstanding your question.
        1. I don't understand what really the problem but your website www.harsten.nu looks ok with me
        2. to create sub folder , you can use blue FTP ,right click your mouse on public_html then create new folder. to publish your page is the same way as you publish your other web only different in directory, you have to publish to public_html/your subfolder. named your first page of your sub folder also as index. visit also here about this issue http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sav...on-domain.html
        Nyoman

Comment

Okej, thank you!

// Emma

Comment

Working...
          X