Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

Another newbie here just trying to master this consistent menu bar option. I have followed Naval's instructions but I have one problem that I can't seem to figure out.

Little background. I have a very simple startup site. Only 5 pages. Home, Products, Services, FAQ, & Contact. I had the same menu bar on all pages. To test the new way of doing things, I saved a new page called "menubar" and then went to my services page and removed the existing menu. I added the HTML box in it's place and pasted the following code-

<?php
    include 'menubar.html';
    ?>

Saved all my pages and published them again. Strangest thing is happening. My main page (index.html) is now showing this new menu bar as well. Even though I only saved the HTML box on my "services" page. The other pages still show the old menu bar as I would have expected. Can anyone offer a suggestion why my index page has also been affected?? Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks

Not without a link. Please also be advised you have to change your page properties from html to php in order for this to work correctly.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the tip, but in this case I did save it as PHP. I still have no idea why my index page was acting up but I applied the same properties to the index that I was using on the other pages and everything is working fine now. It's not ideal but it gets me by the problem. Thanks again and next time I'll be sure to provide the line. :)

Comment

Hi, all solved. But wasn't sure if you new that this method would only work when published & viewing via a live site.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X