Content protection methods ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content protection methods ?

I have been looking for a cheap way to do this; due to my lack of funds at this time But I am open to all solutions. Does anyone know a way to write some code to stop the copy and paste of text, and/or the other methods of theft? I am more considered with the average user stealing my content than the others. If I could find something that would stop most, that would be great! Is there a program I can use with a blue Voda built website ?

client id# 27650

Re: Content protection methods ?

Basically! If you don't want it copied, don't put it on the web. It is virtually impossible to protect.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You could make a membership login and only allow certain content visible to the public and the rest to members. If you were really psychic.. youd know about HIDDEN rooms LOL

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,

The cheapest and most effective way is to use the BV shape tool and place a shape over what you want to protect, then right click the shape and select properties. Once in properties select the shape you want and then select "Fill Effects". A drop down menu will appear. Select "Transparent".

When anybody right click, save as, print, copy or screen capture on what they thought is a picture or text, al they will print capture or save will be a blank white sheet.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
          Hi,

The cheapest and most effective way is to use the BV shape tool and place a shape over what you want to protect, then right click the shape and select properties. Once in properties select the shape you want and then select "Fill Effects". A drop down menu will appear. Select "Transparent".

When anybody right click, save as, print, copy or screen capture on what they thought is a picture or text, al they will print capture or save will be a blank white sheet.
          Thats a good tip. That'll cheese a lot of people off.

Darren
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

All that someone has to do is view source and they can copy and paste anything they want regardless of whether you have a transparent image over all your text, you have some javascript to prevent selecting/copy/paste of text, or whatever other method you try to use. This is as easy as hitting Ctrl+U if you are using Firefox.

Collectors-info gave about the best advice you can get related to preventing content theft.

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I would like to have some sort of pop up license on my website - I know that making people register is the safest method, but lots of people don't want to, so it limits your audience. If they agree to the terms of the license, at least you can sue them if they copy your stuff unauthorised.

I would like to have a pop up that you have to agree to, before the next page comes up - Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Comment

Actually you cant. You have to own the trademark or own the copyright, or own the art, or PROVE It. Many times the cost outweighs any gain you would get to sue them. And some people block POPUPS. A POP UP doesnt make a binding agreement or an electronic signature. You are only protected as far as you are willing to persue it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks for quick response

Is this also true for downloads - if i have audio files that people can download, can i say that the files are not for reproduction/commercial use?

This was what I really wanted the license to cover as they have taken a long time to produce.

Thank you

Comment

You could make a popup that is just apart of your website that can't be blocked by a popup blocker, but even then you would have a hard time even proving that someone agreed to your terms before they do anything. If they register an account on the other hand you will know they can't register without agreeing and if they didn't agree then there isn't a way for their information to be recorded in your database.

Even then unless you can prove you own it there isn't anything you can do about it. Furthermore if the person who happens to steal your work lives in another country, there may or may not be anything you can do about it.

Unfortunatetly unless you have a large company and lawyers on your payroll, its a hard thing to protect intellectual rights.

Register/Login Script
                    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for the feedback people.

Does anyone know about the programs that encrypt your html but allow the site to look normal?
                      I have found a couple like; html protecter and html encrypter. I am wondering if these type of programs will affect SEO?

Also I have found info about a java script that disalows right click But, is there one that stops ctrl+ 's ?

I am using BV to create and tried adding it to page properites and to a add javascript box from the bv tools menu.

Thanks again,

Rod

client id # 27650

Comment

Yes.. those are an absolute waste of time. I can still download your site and get your code straight into dreamweaver.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

If the content that your are trying to protect is a graphic or a graphic of artwork, you can put a watermark on the graphic. One big one in the center usually does the trick.
                          Another thing you can do with content is to make a graphic out of the text and place the text/graphic on the page.
                          Although if you do that, you might loose the opportunity to put text links into the content and miss out on good search engine phrases.

Randall
                          www.SflaMarineRepair.com
                          Have a Great day!

Comment

Working...
                          X