Make Upload Field Mandatory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make Upload Field Mandatory

I've generated a form using the Form Wizard and it's now working as it should. But I would like to make the Upload field mandatory so that data is required. I'm able to do so with the other fields but not the upload field. Is it possible to achieve that?

Form: www.irstnorcal.com/spec_upload_page.php

Thank you.
    Steve
    www.irstnorcal.com

Re: Make Upload Field Mandatory

Stevo-
    No way that I can see as of right now. I would have Navaldesign look to write you a script at a resonable price to accomplish this. Here are some reasons why:

1- Security. The script has to check to make sure only certain file types may be uploaded.
    2- Setting a size limit
    3- Error reporting- tell the customer why they could not send the file (ie. too large, not correct file type etc..)
    4- Ability to send the info and ignore the upload. If you have it set up to me compulsory and for some reason the upload would not sent- they cannot send ANY information on the form. Also- what if they don't have an upload or are unsure and need to ask you a question first?

Navaldesign would best be able to confirm my suggestion or give you an alternative method.

Thats my 2 cents.

Cheers-
    Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hm...
      Ok, here is what i think:

1. The filesize CAN be controlled by the built in form processor (through a hidden field)
      2. The file type is NOT controllable. However should be no big issue.
      3. Error reporting: Since file type is not checked, the built in form processor CAN detect and report file size error as well as crach (injection) attempts.
      4. The BV validation Javascript doesn't allow, at the moment, to make field uploads mandatory. It is relatively easy to do it, with Javascript, but some Javascript experience is required.

Making it mandatory or not depends on you and your needs. If the form exists PURPOSELY for sending files, making the upload field mandatory is a must, otherwise Andy's suggestion is correct.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Andy and George for your very helpful assistance. For now, I'll work around the "mandatory" upload field issue and will search forums for input on the new direction I'll take.

Again, thanks!

Steve
        www.irstnorcal.com

Comment

So if I understand you cannot make form form fields manatory?

Carl

Comment

You CAN make form fields mandatory, you CAN'T at the moment make upload fields mandatory
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X