PDA

View Full Version : Re: How to Create a Password Protected Page

emchosen
01-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Okay I know how to password protect but how do I upload to the webpage I need it on? I can not figure that out. Oh I still have some issues with my website that I have not figured out take a look dstsalisburyalumnae.org

davidundalicia
01-29-2009, 10:49 PM
You publish to your protected folder.............have you an account with Vodahost ?

qps1111
01-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Okay I know how to password protect but how do I upload to the webpage I need it on? I can not figure that out. Oh I still have some issues with my website that I have not figured out take a look dstsalisburyalumnae.org

Once you password protect that directory, you create your webpage in BV as always but when go to publish it, you simply change the "Folder" field so it points to your new directory. For instance, my new directory name is "private". When I publish my pages, by default my "folder" on the publish window reads "public_html". Your's probably does too. I just change that to read "public_html/private" and then let it publish my page. It uploads your page to the new directory and you're done.

Make sure any links that you create to this new page are also properly stated. It would be something like http://dstsalisburyalumnae.org/private/newpage.html.

Hope that helps!

davidundalicia
01-29-2009, 11:00 PM
You publish to your protected folder.............have you an account with Vodahost ?

Ignore my question, please I have just seen your website.
If you are still not sure after reading the info that you have been given so far, please post again.