Help with understanding C-panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with understanding C-panel

When I check to see how my site is showing up on the web, it's pulling up my index file for www.thebybees.com port 80 from the server. What does that mean. I was looking at some files on C-panel but I have no idea what I did. Did I put the directories in a different mode. What is supposed to show up there properly to get your main home page to show up? Help!!

What I'm asking, is the public html directory the first one you're supposed to see as a default when you long into C-panel in order for everything to look right on the web as? Hope this isn't confusing. Thanks for any help!!

please visit the below link for cpanel tutorials.

VodaHost.com tutorial about how to use the control panel of your hosting account.

Take your time learning. This is not a race
    Its suppose to be fun.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

C-panel help

I got it. Thanks. I had a file in the wrong place and named one wrong.

Originally posted by rlbybee
      When I check to see how my site is showing up on the web, it's pulling up my index file for www.thebybees.com port 80 from the server. What does that mean. I was looking at some files on C-panel but I have no idea what I did. Did I put the directories in a different mode. What is supposed to show up there properly to get your main home page to show up? Help!!

What I'm asking, is the public html directory the first one you're supposed to see as a default when you long into C-panel in order for everything to look right on the web as? Hope this isn't confusing. Thanks for any help!!

Comment

Oops. Guess I'm repeating myself. In case you didn't get the other, I figured it out. It was actually quite simple. I had named the index file "Index" file. Once I changed that to lower case, it worked.

Comment

Fantastic!!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X