Insuring Text is entered in Text Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insuring Text is entered in Text Box

I have a page with 4 simple Text boxes, First Name, Last Name, Phone # and Email Address. Each text box is selected in the Validate Tab as being required. Each box has a Custom Error message assigned. At the bottom of the page I have two menu bars, for selecting two options which take you to the another page depending on which menu bar you selected. This all works.
    What does not work is that I can enter the page, type no text in any of the boxes, select one of the menu bar options and it takes me to the next page for that option.

What do I have to do to make sure data is entered in the Text boxes and that selecting the menu bar does not take me to the next page and does display which Text box or boxes are missing data?
    Thanks,
    TonySC

Re: Insuring Text is entered in Text Box

Check that you did not name your form with spaces in the name, it will nullify the validation.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Form name is "front-airport-reservation" which I think is a legal name.
      TonySC

Comment

Best to use the underscore_character with no white spaces before or after.

A link would help................
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Okay, this may seem really stupid, but this problem of not validating that text has been entered has been driving me nuts for 4-5 days. The link to the first page that I have that has the problem is https://www.aikenlimousine.com/front...eservation.php. I used a couple of Menu Bars at the bottom of the page to get me to the next page based on the selection. The reason is I could not figure out, using a Submit button where to place a URL pointing to the next page. When I look at the properties of the Submit button there is no place to enter a URL. I think this is why I am not getting any text vaildation.
          If I stick a Submit button in, I want to know exactly, and I mean exacty how to get it to point to the next selection page.
          TonySC

Comment

Opps, I am so frustrated I can hardly type.
            The link is https://www.aikenlimousine.com/front...eservation.php
            TonySC

Comment

Maybe i have not understood: where is your submit button??

You do have the two buttons, but they are not submit buttons, they are simply menu buttons taking directly to the next form page (whatever that is), without any form submission (??)

Please correct me if I'm wrong
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

NavalDesign,
                I have no "Submit" Button because I could not figure out how to get the Submit button to go to the next page. As I stated, when I look at the properties a Submit Button on a Form, I could not find any area that would allow me to send that particular form anywhere. That's why I asked to explain exactly what to do, when placing a Submit button.

Okay, I have a page with a form on it. I place the Submit button in the Form area, name if I want to, have Submit selected and hit okay. Now how do I notify the Submit button, that when selected, where to go? The second part to the question is, will this validate that information has been entered?
                TonySC

Comment

I think that Navaldesign's multi part form would do the trick......(tips & tricks)
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

David,
                    I have looked at that Tutorial, probably 20 times and completely read it and have printed it. The answer maybe obvious to you but not to me. Again, if I place a Submit button in the form area, how do I inform the Submit button, if selected, where to go?
                    TonySC

Comment

Originally posted by TonySC View Post
                      NavalDesign,
                      I have no "Submit" Button because I could not figure out how to get the Submit button to go to the next page. As I stated, when I look at the properties a Submit Button on a Form, I could not find any area that would allow me to send that particular form anywhere. That's why I asked to explain exactly what to do, when placing a Submit button.

Okay, I have a page with a form on it. I place the Submit button in the Form area, name if I want to, have Submit selected and hit okay. Now how do I notify the Submit button, that when selected, where to go? The second part to the question is, will this validate that information has been entered?
                      TonySC
                      There is no validation because you are not submitting, you are simply clicking on a link that takes you to another page. It will validate when a submit button is used.

Where the form sends the data doesn't depend on the submit buttons, but on the form action, as typed in the "action" field.

To redirect to different forms (for step 2) you need to embed two radio buttons (one for each case) instead of the two buttons you had, and some javascript code that will dynamically change this "form action" depending on user input. But some experience is required to embed this in a BV form, as it is not a simple drag and drop procedure.
                      Navaldesign
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

NavelDesign,
                        Well finally, I maybe getting somewhere. In my form Action box I have the following: <?echo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])> and it was in a mode where you can not change it. I un-checked the Form Processing Box for using PHP and all of a sudden, I can enter something in the Action Box. Now my question would be what should I enter and I believe I then must recheck the PHP box, save it and republish it, is this correct?
                        TonySC

Comment

Originally posted by TonySC View Post
                          NavelDesign,
                          Well finally, I maybe getting somewhere. In my form Action box I have the following: <?echo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])> and it was in a mode where you can not change it. I un-checked the Form Processing Box for using PHP and all of a sudden, I can enter something in the Action Box. Now my question would be what should I enter and I believe I then must recheck the PHP box, save it and republish it, is this correct?
                          TonySC
                          Hi tony,

no, this is not correct. The "action" of this form MUST be the second form (as it is described in the Multipage Form Tutorial)

The action of the second form must be the third one, and so on.

Of course, you must NOT check the "Use built in Form Processor" checkbox.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                          X