404 not found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404 not found

Hi. My site www.outdooractivities-in-kent.co.uk has 9 pages with 404 not found errors according to google web master tools.

Some pages are okay but these 9 are not.
    Google is saying problem crawling these pages
    I have published a site map

Can anyone help me resolve this problem please

Gordon

Re: 404 not found

The first thing to do is go to EVERY page of your site and check that every click of a link takes you to a visable page. I was going to do it for you but the way you have set every page to open up as a pop up window for some strang reason put me off that idea straight away. You need to change EVERY link on your website to open up in the same browser and not as a pop up window or you will have NO visitors anyway and therefore what would it matter if the sitemap worked or not??
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the dressing down. LOL

I have check the pages and the only ones with pop up selected are the Paintball & corporate (these go to an external site). If not having as pop up should I select Blank, Self or Parent as a Target when page is saved.

Will check all links later when I have time.
      Thanks again

Gordon

Comment

Now that's strange cos they were all opening up in a pop up a minute ago? Maybe I wasn't on your homepage, maybe on one of your pages they all open up in a pop up, you might want to check that out, it was certainly more than two pages for sure.

Wasn't a dressing down... I am a very busy person but still like to help out when i can on here, so you'll find most of my answers are short and to the point... I don't always have time to say 'I hope you don't mind me saying but....' that's all. : - )
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
        X