Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check my H tags,please

Hi,

I've just added header tags to the home page of my French site and would be grateful if someone could check that I've done it properly before I carry on.
    My H1 tag is not the largest font on the page so don't know if this will work.
    Also is there any way that this could be done without seeing it in bold letters?

The site is www.lescrouquets.fr

Thanks for any replies!
    Elena
    Dordogne holiday cottages

Re: Check my H tags,please

Hi, not sure if the way its being done will confuse anything. But go with just the h1-h3 should be more than enough for most pages using the css below in the head of your page.

h1 {font-size:26px;color:#404000;font-family:georgia;font-style:bold;display:inline;}
    h2 {font-size:16px;color:#404000;font-family:georgia;font-style:bold;display:inline;}
    h3 {font-size:12px;color:#404000;font-family:georgia;font-style:bold;display:inline}

Then when you want to add the words & a “h tag” on a page, enter it as below, then placing it in a html box & preview.

<h1>Gites de charme en Dordogne</h1>
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris!

Now I'm confused! I read what to do here and this says the full script given should be entered in the page head & that the last entry must be an H6.

Why would this way confuse things? Is your way just a different way of doing this?

Elena

Comment

You dont have to use them all. Just formats them if you do. Theres NO rule you have to even USE h1 ... You can just use a BOLDED text for a similar effect...however, if you do use them they should be properly formatted.

The SE are starting to crack down hard on MISUSE of these tags and stuffing them with spam and not using them in the right context. There is NO RULE that says you have to use ALL of those headings.. but if you use them you must start at H1 in numerical order.

The only time you MUST USE THEM is when you are submitting your thesis for a college class or an article for a technical publication or professional journal... like the Medical journal or Bar..lol

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen!

So, are you saying that any text in bold will get picked up by the SEs in the same manner as the H tags without actually doing anything at all? Is there no additional benefit by going through the HTML process?

Elena

Comment

When you've used up your quota of header tags on the page. There are still plenty of tools to target your keywords with. When mentioning your keywords throughout the page, it's helpful to put them into italics, bold, or emphasis (<em>) to make sure the search engines know that these words are also important.
            I don't think this has quite the relevance oh a <h1> tag, but can give a little more clout to a key word.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Elena

Yes.. Im saying that, pretty much.. theres alot of discussion going on ...because of the H tag abuse. If you dont have a clue how to use them .. you are better off NOT using them at all.

You can try a page or two both ways and see which gets indexed differently..and make your own judgements from there.

Keep in my H tags are not SENTENCES FULL OF COMMAS OR MORE THAN ONE LINE LONG. They are Headlines..hence the symbol H.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen!
                I'll do that and see how it goes.

Elena

Comment

Hi Karen, though i'd put my question here to save starting a new thread on same subject.
                  Can you possibly check my H tags, as I'm not sure if they are correct. Also, how long does it take for a search engine to notice the changes made to a web page, such as changing/adding the H tags

I'm struggling to get google to recognise my site with my keywords too.
                  Site address is in my sig below.

Thanks in advance!
                  http://www.hondaclub-uk.com/

Comment

Originally posted by crazzzydave View Post
                    Hi Karen, though i'd put my question here to save starting a new thread on same subject.
                    Can you possibly check my H tags, as I'm not sure if they are correct. Also, how long does it take for a search engine to notice the changes made to a web page, such as changing/adding the H tags

I'm struggling to get google to recognise my site with my keywords too.
                    Site address is in my sig below.

Thanks in advance!
                    Sorry! but "Welcome,to,the,new,club,for,all,Honda,cars" are not key words bar the Honda-cars-club part.
                    Should of stared a new thread for this as everyone subscribing to this thread will get emails.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanks Chris, I'll start a new thread incase i need more info. Gonna go change the key words again.
                      http://www.hondaclub-uk.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X