PDA

View Full Version : Tab menu with iFrames

journeygr
02-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Hi,

I have the following "problem". I would like to use one single page, (/index.php) and following adding a tab menu, which each button redirects to a different iFrame.

Generally I have the idea (and the planning) on my mind.

To make it easier for whoever wants to help, I'll try to explain what I have done so far.

1. I've created a page with BV and published it.

2. Added an iFrame in my index page, and linked it with the page from step 1. It works fine in preview.

3. Inserted a tab menu. And here is where it starts:

a. How do I link a button with the iframe, and not the iframe url because if I do so, the iFrame content opens as a single page with no template.

b. When adding multiple iFrames on a single page, do they have to be one over the other? (while edditing).

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Nick

davidundalicia
02-06-2009, 05:18 PM
If you wish to use a single Iframe and open other pages within through a menu
then the 2nd and addittional pages are linked in the menu as normal but you must also fill in the "target" (just under the link box) to the name of your Iframe.
Step by step can be seen here in the tips and tricks: (http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/bluevoda-tips-tricks-shortcuts/41359-step-step-visual-tutorials-complete-beginners.html)

journeygr
02-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi again

Thanks a lot David. What I was missing here was the target of each button. I didn't knew that the target can be changed beyond, blank, self, parent and top to whatever suits us.

It's working perfect in preview.

Have fun,

Nick

P.S. Thanks for your quick reply :)

davidundalicia
02-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Your welcome.............