Replacing default forum logo with your own logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing default forum logo with your own logo

I am currently in the process of setting up my forum and i want to change the default logo at the top of the forum to my own one. How do i do that. i am using version3.0.4 at the moment, is that the latest version? Doesn't seem to be the same as the one in the phpbb tuturials.

Because its not the same i am even having trouble adding my own style to replace the prosilver and subsiver templates.

Here is a the url of the forum i am using

Kamalifestyles is the best dating coach for men that offer specialty courses in knowing how to flirt with new women, make endless conversation...

Hope you can help

Thanks alot

Re: Replacing default forum logo with your own logo

I'll give it a shot...but this won't be super detailed so you'll need to think it through as you follow along.

I'm assuming you are talking about the "phpBB" graphic at the top left. That is named "site_logo.gif". You need to create your new logo in your drawing program and export it as "site_logo.gif" and it must be about the same physical dimension as the original phpBB logo.

You can see this for yourself if you login to your administrator's control panel for your forum. Choose the "Styles" tab, choose "Imagesets" (pick your style from the list; Prosilver for example). Click "Edit." Choose "Main Logo" from the dropdown list and click on the "Select" box. If I remember correctly, that should show you the phpBB image right there.

I don't remember if there's a way to change the logo there, but if you use the BV FTP Manager, you can connect to your forum's folder, then the styles folder, then your particular style (such as prosilver), and go to the imageset folder. In there is the "site_logo.gif" file you wish to replace with your new logo which must, you recall, have the same name.

Something like that!
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks tom for the quick reply but i tried replacing my new new logo with the default phpbb logo in ftp manager whilst referring to your instructions but still no changes took place. Is it possible you can do this for me if you don't mind?

I assume you know how to replace the default phpbb subsilver template also. I sent a message to customer support and asked them if they can do it for me but they said they would charge me €30. Guess i'd have to pay it if i can't do it myself.

Comment

in your control panel you can upload your own graphic right into the header if you would examine the template and styles manager. You dont even need to customize it. it will upload it and display it for you to the correct location and all.

Ive tried to encourage you to do some reading..and exploring. So if its worth $30 to you...then pay it..but then you will be asking again..and you are gonna get stuck paying to do all this when with some reading of the documentation.. you could do it yourself.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sorry, Jay K--I'm over my head doing other things so I'm not "open for business." (But thanks). As I think you know, the phpBB site is down right now, but when their community forum opens again you'll be able to find posts that tell how it's done--that's what I did. (My forum is not yet open to the public, so I haven't worked on it for some time--that's my next big project. But I'm thinking of switching to vBulletin anyway)
          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
          X