error page with forms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error page with forms!

I have 3 web pages and have been unable to create forms since I started. I need to resolve this once and for all...
    My most recent effort gives me this error notice:
    Method Not Allowed

The requested method GET is not allowed for the URL /mjform.html.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

the page is michaeljoiner.com/mjform.html

Your help is appreciated

Re: error page with forms!

Thank you, but I did that in the first place. I linked it to my page and it still says, "web page cannot be found"...I have been trying to get this to work since i got the websites years ago....

Comment

Michael, can you clarify this for me...are you attempting to put a link to your mjform page using BlueVoda? I zoomed around your site but saw no such links, did you remove your attempts? Do you want a button or a text link?
      CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Well, there are too many mistakes in your form:

Enccoding type is "text / plain" instead of multipart / form data
        There is no action (your form doesn't submit anywhere)
        Your fields are unnamed.

As David mentioned, watch tutorials 20, 21 and 22 found at http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm and FOLLOW them.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I really appreciate your help. however, I followed the form wizrd several times.
          I tested, and actually recived it (IN MY SPAM) folder a few times, so I KNOW that the form email is submitting, at least SOME of the time, but it still gives an error message.
          I will go back and triple check the other concerns, however, I know that several attempts were made in creating the form where the encoding type was not "text"....
          I will let you know if I can resolve and thanks again....

Comment

..david, everything that you have asked me to do, once again, i did in the first place.
            I rechecked and I DID NOT have "text" hi lighted in the encoding, but "multipart form"
            AND indeed I have the submit button set to email to; SERIOUSCOMEDY****.COM
            as i said, I did receieve a few test forms, but I still get the "error" (not the error page that i created, but an IE error page)

AND TOM, I am not sure what you mean by a link, but in order to go to the form page from MICHAELJOINER.COM you just click on "CONTACT" and then click on SUBMIT A BOOKING INQUIRY HERE.....
            I have no doubt that the problem is on MY end....but what?!?!?

Thanks!

Comment

Michael. if it's any help--here's the lines that Naval was talking about, mine then yours:

Mine:

<form name="Contact" method="POST" action="/contact.php" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" id="Form1" onsubmit="return ValidateContact(this)">

Yours:

<form name="Form1" method="POST" action="" enctype="text/plain" id="Form1">

These, I'm sure you know, are what the "Form Properties" dialog box in BV creates when you fill it out. Notice that my "enctype" is the "application..." choice, not the multi-part/form that Naval suggested.

BTW, just in case, are you sure your page is accepting the various corrections you make--is it overwriting the old page when you republish?
              CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
              CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
              CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks Tom, I see that as well. When I look at my properties HTML it does indicate the "text", even though I choose the "multi part' form....I imagine I'll need to figure out this glitvch before i go any further....?

Comment

Working...
                X