John31661 Excel upload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John31661 Excel upload?

Account ID# 31661. I am new to this so apologies. I need to have a page with an operational excel spreadsheet for people to enter data and get a result. I've seen them on other web sites and know they were created with excel. How do you do it?

Re: John31661 Excel upload?

Hi, is it specific one off calculation via just one or two variables, or a bit more than this. Would be best if you can supply a site that has it on as a example.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris,

This is a spreadsheet that is in development now. However, I found a similar one here that can give you an idea of what I want to accomplish.

As you can see, it's not just a simple 1 or 2 line spreadsheet.
      Thanks for helping a newbie.

John

Comment

Ah! for this type of thing you will need a script written for your needs & possibly a database if you wanted results stored. Naval is possibly the best bet for this type of work. But you would have to have some final fingers that certain scenarios will create as a sample.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris,

I'll click NAVAL. BTW, I do not need a data base. Once calculations are finished they will be discarded. Have a great day.

John

Comment

John

You can add an excel sheet to your site if you have excel 2003 or newer. I don't know if earlier versions have this capability.

I have found no way to make it look pretty like a form would be; it just looks like a miniture excel sheet! It is functional, based on what ever you included in it when you built it. Here is an example I made to show you.

Also I haven't verified it will function if the viewer does not have excel on their computer, but I think it will. Maybe you could get someone that doesn't have excel to try it.

Here is how:

1. Using Excel 2003 or higher; build your sheet.
            2. Drag-select just the part of the sheet you want to display.
            3. Select File/Save as web page.
            4. When the "Save as" dialog window opens; select the "Selection sheet:" & "add interactivity" boxes & then "save".
            5. Using BV FTP manager; "upload" (not publish) the file you just saved. (Notice that it is .htm, not .html!)
            6. Now, in BV; open the page you want to add the excel sheet to & insert an iFrame.
            7. In the iFrame properties; put the url to that file you just uploaded. (Again, make the extension .htm, not .html to that excel sheet file).
            You will have to use "preview" to adjust the size of the iFrame. Uncheck "show iframe border", in the iFrame properties.
            8. Once you have it the way you want it; "publish" it.

One thing you will want to do that I didn't do is to "write protect" the "Total" cell so that the formula there won't be destroyed. If it is erased by the viewer; it would not be erased on your hosting server!

Good luck!
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X