buying downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying downloads

my domain is debibirkin.com, i'm still building and not published yet, i sell knitting pattern downloads as pdf files, ive sussed out how to add a free download already as a help yourself item, BUT, question; when customers buy patterns, add them to cart and pay how do i give then the download links to the patterns, do i add the download links to the success page ?, i want them to pay for the downloads in their cart and recieve them automatically when theyve paid, sorry if not clear i'm very new to this, thanks debi

Re: buying downloads

You may want to check out the e-commerce scripts available for installation via fantastico (login to your cpanel account). Many have the option of selling digital content.

You don't wan't to just put the links on your success page unless it is actually validating if a payment was made when you try to access it. If it doesn't then anyone could go to that page and get the links to your files, or someone could give it out. It's not a very secure method.

A e-commerce script will require some sort of validation (check if payment was made or if a user is logged into an account that bought a specific file), before it allows the user to download anything.

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: buying downloads

Hi ... if you wanted to contact us we might just have a good solution for you worthwhile discussing ... sorry you are having so much difficulty in trying to achieve what it is you want to do ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X