Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Background when using Center in Browser ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background when using Center in Browser ??

I've read through the forums and watched the tutorials without discovering an answer.
    It's likely sitting right in front of me!
    I hope that I can clearly state my question....
    I have my page properties set at 980 width and have checked Center in Browser. My background is Tan.
    When I preview, the ENTIRE background is Tan and centered in the browser as it should.

NOW, my question, how do I use a gradient (or different) background for the left and right UNUSED space that is automatically created by centering my page?

I understand how to use and work within the 980 width that I can see and control by starting at the left upper corner of BV....

I want the Tan Center. I would like the sides to be something else....like the pinkish background at this site: http://www.lizardsjewelry.com/

Thanks for your help!

Re: Background when using Center in Browser ??

you put it in the page properties..between the body tags. You would need the html code for it. For instance

<body bgcolor="#FF00FF">
    That would be HOT PINK

A gradient would be an image..so that code would be like this..
    <body background="www your site dot com / some image name dot .jpg">

of course take out the spaces.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have the same problem as horsetrainer. I want the top of my page to be black and the bottom to be black and the background dark green and my picture to be center. When I center in page properties an inch of space is created to the left of my top and bottom black rectangles, which I don't want. If I don't center in page properties then the page is off center on wide monitor screens although I don't have the empty background space to the left of my top and bottom rectangles.

Comment

BV11 has this built in now under the page properties>Formatting>Background.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X