Comments form using php and mysql

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments form using php and mysql

I have been designing websites for a few years and have recently got a webdesign job.

I have just begun to explore php and mysql, i have set up my mysql database and basically know how to add a table to it and add the fields, what I am looking for is a good tutorial that will explain the basics of creating a form and linking it to my database . The code is for my dj website which will allow visitors to leave a comment on my promotional mix pages.

I have one at the moment that does not use database it just uses a txt file and although this works i want to actually start to make my own using databases.

I have tried a couple of tutorials only to get to the end and it doesnt work even tho i followed it closely.

Can anyone link me to a tutorial or provide me with the code so that i can study it and start to learn how these forms are put together and begin designing my own, I know its not going to happen over night but I would feel happier knowing I designed the code rather than i just got a free code from the net.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Re: Comments form using php and mysql

These sites have some good tutorials for the basics

W3Schools offers free online tutorials, references and exercises in all the major languages of the web. Covering popular subjects like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, Java, and many, many more.

These site have support forums, articles, and some tutorials on doing specific things
    Codewalkers.com was established in 2002 by a group of coders who wanted to assist others learn and improve their programming abilities.

PHP Freaks is a website dedicated to learning and teaching PHP. Here you will find a forum consisting of 173,006 members who have posted a total of 1,536,955 posts on the forums. Additionally, we have tutorials covering various aspects of PHP and you will find news syndicated from other websites so you can stay up-to-date. Along with the tutorials, the members of the forum can help you with your scripts, or you can help others by sharing your knowledge and answering questions.

And here is the documentation website for php
    PHP is a popular general-purpose scripting language that powers everything from your blog to the most popular websites in the world.

This is the single best resource for php, it will explain all of the function and functionality of php.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
    X