Deleting my page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting my page

Ok, so I want to delete everything I've done and start over!! I deleted them from my Blue voda folder and then I went to the control panel and the public folder said it was empty but my webpage (all two pages, ha!) still pulls up... anyone know how to delete everything?

Re: Deleting my page

BV > Tools > FTP Manager > sign in > Delete only page files and image files in the public_html folder on the right hand screen.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I know this sounds stupid but here go's, how do you tell if it is a file you can delete out of there..such as text or image..and the ones you should not?

I am also trying to take everything off and start over but do not want to go deleting stuff that I should not.

Thank You for any replies,

evilstepdad

Comment

Originally posted by evilstepdad View Post
        I know this sounds stupid but here go's, how do you tell if it is a file you can delete out of there..such as text or image..and the ones you should not?

I am also trying to take everything off and start over but do not want to go deleting stuff that I should not.

Thank You for any replies,

evilstepdad
        Hi,

It does not sound stupid. A lot of newbies do not place any importance on organising their "public_html". Everything goes to public_html and it becomes one big bowl of 1000 island salad.

In public_html.........open new folders for each event, action or product etc., and publish your pages appropriately to each folder.

Example: "public_html/events" [publish all the event pages in this folder.]

It is easier to maintain and easier to delete. You can even delete the folder.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by marincky View Post
          bv > tools > ftp manager > sign in > delete only page files and image files in the public_html folder on the right hand screen.
          thank you!

Comment

Thank You and trust me, I look at all the stuff in there and I do need to get it under control.

evilstepdad

Comment

Working...
            X