404 Error of Death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404 Error of Death?

I've published my site and have the homepage up and running. However, I went to publish another page and I get:

Not Found

The requested URL /test was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at frawgwild.com Port 80

Site=www.frawgwild.com
    New page=www.frawgwild.com/test
    Page Named=test

The page shows up in the File Manager under public_html/frawgwild and listed as test.html

What am I doing wrong? I checked the IP address and it's correct, along with, it wouldn't be in the above folders if it was wrong.

I'm Stumped

JJ in Minn

Re: 404 Error of Death?

Here is the correct link to your page:

It's the .html that threw you.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

when you are linking from one page to another you have to add the html extension to the link only. the only exception to that is the index page. the link to the index page is just your domain name. Here is how it works:
      home page - saved as index and the link would be www.www.frawgwild.com
      where the 2nd page called test is linked like this from the home page:
      www.frawgwild.com/test.html
      if you try this link above you will go to your test page that was saved and published as test
      so now let's say you make a new page and you call it about us. So you save it and publish it aboutus and the link would look like this:
      www.frawgwild.com/aboutus.html
      hope i have helped you understand this. good to look at the video tutorials for linking again.
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks! Didn't think of that! Now I'm set!

Comment

Working...
        X