Tabbed browsing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tabbed browsing

I just published my first page at www.kruxsolutions.com and have two questions.

1. After publishing the index page, I see a list of links on my home page. The actual page opens up only when I click index.html. How do I get this resolved?

2. I used tab browsing and inline frame in my website. How do I
    a) get my index page to display a default image without having to click, in this case printing solutions to display an image.
    b) how do i get the images to display by just moving the mouse over the tabs instead of clicking them.

Thanks,
    Sanan

Re: Tabbed browsing

To get your sit to come up you need to rename your home page correctly, you named it Index (with a capital I) it needs to be index all lower case and no extensions.

To get the default image to show in the Inline frame you need to add the url fo the page/image you wish to show right away. IE: http://yoursite.com/imagename.jpeg

Can't do a mouse over effect using the tabs, you could just use a rotating banner to change the images at the top of your page. You could make your own style of tabs using the shape feature and set the events to work on a mouse over. Would take a bit more explaination and since I am not sure you wont use the rotating banner I will not go into it for now.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks Ed for your reply and suggestions.

I succeeded in using the shape feature along with mouseover/setimage/inline frame1 combination to get the mouse over effect.

If I move my mouse over the images, I am able to zoom it which changes the size and distorts it. I tried using different sizes but was not successful. Is there a way to avoid it?

Thanks,
      Sanan

Comment

I am not sure what is going on with the images without seeing it, did you publish the page yet? provide a link.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net

Comment

Comment

To avoid that distortion, resize your images to fit the Iframe or the reverse.

(you might want to use the the Onclick event as well !!)

Good Idea, may use it myself....................
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Ok I see, when you inserted the images on the page you stretched them to fit the dimensions you wanted. You can not stretch an image, if you do not have the original (that is large enough for you needs) you will not be able to make it larger. Thus the same is true for making them smaller, you never use the blue sizing handles to adjust an image size. Even though it may make it small onthe screen it will still have a large file size, you have to use a program such as Photoshop or Pixresizer for this.

So long story short you will need an image the same size as the InLine frame to display correctly.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net

Comment

Thanks David and Ed.

I used pixresizer and experimented with a lot of aspect ratios including matching the inline frame (790 x 230). It just doesn't seem to fit.

Sanan

Comment

What are the dimensions of the original image you are using?
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net

Comment

The image associated to the printing solution button was originally 500 x 403. Document solution was 1632 x 1224, project solutions was 3072 x 2304, and small office solution was 128 x 96.

Comment

You lost me on all the solutions, but if the original image is 500 x 403 then that is as large as you will be able to display it without distorting the image. So if your I-Frame is 790 x 230 you will have some areas of white space on the sides and you will have to crop the length to make it fit. I would suggest getting different images that are atleast 800 x 250 so you can adjust the dimensions without distortion.
                      Reguards
                      Ed
                      www.dsondesigns.com
                      www.300hitter.com
                      www.bigjk.net

Comment

Working...
                      X