(DOMAIN) Question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (DOMAIN) Question ?

what the difference between a (sub domain name) and (add on Domain name) and (parked Domain name)???

Re: (DOMAIN) Question ?

Originally posted by kad
    what the difference between a (sub domain name) and (add on Domain name) and (parked Domain name)???
    Parked domains are independent, registered domains whose nameservers point at your main site. When a visitor types in IE the parked domain name, he gets redirected to your main site.

Addon domains are independent, regisetred domains, that simply use the same hosting space as your main domain. They are by all means independent, they just share the same disc space of your account. Since an account can only handle one main domain, they have to be added in your account as Addon Domains. That's why Vodahost talks about unlimited sits to be hosted on one account.

Subdomains are specific areas of your site. If f.e. you want to create a section in your site only for products, you can create the subdomain products.yourdomainname.com and when a visitor types in IE www.products.yourdomainname.com he gets directly to the products section of your site. Most commonly used for multilingual sites, where a subdomain is used for every language.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i need a domain name

Comment

Originally posted by adelove
        i need a domain name
        you have to get a blue voda hosting account first if you dont have one

Comment

Originally posted by kad
          Hi Kad,

Just to add to Naval's excellent answer - you can also use a sub-domain for a whole different website. For example: My main site is www.girlonthehill.co.uk buit I also own another one which is set up as a sub domain (www.sleepybumblebee.girlonthehill.co.uk). I then bought the domain name www.sleepybumblebee.co.uk and pointed it to my sub domain. So now if you type www.sleepybumblebee.co.uk it takes you straight to my sub domain. It works really well.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi I am new even though I joined BV for a long time but have not spent time working on it yet.

Just want to know can vodahost host both bluevoda and soholaunch ? Or we have to buy them separately and work on two different hosting account for vodahost?

If yes, why is this so? I thought hosting can host as many kinds of programmes as possible, please help me with this.

I need to purchase 2 new main domain names one on bluevoda and another one on soholaunch account each?

Comment

Originally posted by skyfruit
              Hi I am new even though I joined BV for a long time but have not spent time working on it yet.

Just want to know can vodahost host both bluevoda and soholaunch ? Or we have to buy them separately and work on two different hosting account for vodahost?

If yes, why is this so? I thought hosting can host as many kinds of programmes as possible, please help me with this.

I need to purchase 2 new main domain names one on bluevoda and another one on soholaunch account each?
              You can have two or even more sites in one account. You can use BV for one, and Soho for the other. Please note that you may only have one site made with Soho, and unlimited sites made with BV. This is because of the license agreement Vodahost has with Soholaunch. If you want to have a Soho site, make sure to first read carefully the Soho insatllation instructions, install Soho, and only afterwards start building BV pages on that folder. However, if you intend to have two independent sites on your account, you can also add the second one as an addondomain (it could also be a subdomain) and have f.e. Soho for the main account, BV for the addondomain, or viceversa (which i consider better). Installing Soho in the addondomain (or subdomain) folder, frees you from all these precautions (deleting the image folder) required when you install it on your main public_html folder.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval,

Thanks so much for your help.

I am now facing a problem. I had installed Soholaunch on Jan purchased together with Vodahost account.

I started working on Soholaunch even before I work on BV. Now I feel BV is better and faster to design which suits my lifestyle. I am a fast mover and love things to be done quickly. I found that Soho is very difficult to design, as I can't cut, copy and paste my design instantly.

I need to change my current domain name: www.JumanjiSchool.com to BV as it is currently a Soho. How can I do that?

I also will addon another new domain name to Vodahost account and use Soho on this domain name.

If you understand my description, can you tell me what am I supposed to do to quickly get my 2 domain names issues sort out so I could quickly post up my new websites. I already have designed my BV website and waiting in queue now to be put up in the internet =>

Also how to add a picture like yours in the forum?

Thank you.
                Skyfruit

Comment

You can use BV and create a new site, which will be relevant to your www.Jumanjischool.com . But since you can only have one site in Soho, if you want to use Soho for your new domainname, you must disinstall Soho (through Fantastico), create the addondomain, then install Soho again in the addondomain directory.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X