X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Computer Web Posting

Domain Name: waynesboropost15.com

Sir:
    Our web site is up and running thanks to you all for the support in doing so. I now want to enable several home computers to be able to access the site to enter web page updates without having the need to do so from the clubs main computer where we loaded all the web pages. Question is what do I need to do to allow access from remote sites and what additional software do I need to load to allow these people to access the site and make their own page changes from their home. I have reviewed the FTP tutorials and am somewhat confused as to how to proceed. Appreciate your guidance on this matter.
    Post15webmaster@pa.net
    //s// "Legionaire"

Re: Remote Computer Web Posting

The quick answer will be

Get all your users to download BV, email them all the BV files and give them all your publishing credentials.

The longer answer will be

Be careful because it is not that straight forward because unless your users don't know what they are doing they could harm the integrity of the site.

When you email the BV pages, they won't see the images. They will only see images and text generated by BV. Not a problem because the images are on the server anyway.

I would probably only emal the user with the page they are going to be responsible for rather than the whole lot.

Or better still set up pages for them that can be included in I-Frames. This way you have control of the sites integrity.

As I said it can be done, but with several users involved you could be heading for trouble if you are not careful.

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: Remote Computer Web Posting

Thanks for the advise. I will stick with jusr using the central processor and give them access to that computer at the club where the processor is located at.
      Post15webmaster@pa.net

Comment

Working...
      X