EASY popup windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EASY popup windows

There is an easy way to include popup windows in your BV site. You just have to get the script from a free popup maker and add it to your page with a small adjustment so that BV uses it properly.
    1. Go to http://www.berm.co.nz/popupmaker/
    2. Fill out the popup description form. That is quite explanatory. Typically you will choose the "open popup by clicking a button" option.
    3. Get code. You can also preview your popup if you want, in order to adjust size and othe roptions
    4. Cut and paste the part called "FIRST STEP" in the page html where your button to open the popup is located.To do so, go to your page in BV, choose view,page html, between head tags, paste.
    5. DO NOT EXECUTE SECOND STEP, as BV will not recognize it properly (it will ignore the button value and all your buttons on that page will lead to the same popup).
    6. Instead, go to your button, choose properties and set the values as following:
      • button type: on click
      • On click action: Execute Java Script function
      • On click value: copy the function number that came in the code provided by the popup maker. Typically that would be a number that looks like p1234567890(). Do not forget to include the ().
    7. That'is. Your popup is ready. Save your page and publish it. You can include as many popups as you want. You can also rename the function if convenient, but then it should be done both in the script of the page html and in the button properties.
    I saw that many people had problems with popups in BV. So did I and I finally ended up with this system that works just fine and is very easy to implement. Let's hope that BV will include one day a popup function in its web builder.

Re: EASY popup windows

as far as i know bluevoda already have popup window option in photogallery tools
    Nyoman

Comment

You are right. However, the photogallery tool works only for images (.gif,.jpg,etc,,). Therefore you can use it basically for thumbnails. You can't use it to have a new page filled with different data appear in a popup. Philip

Comment

i am trying to create a popup window which contains jpg image... when i use popup maker (http://www.berm.co.nz/popupmaker/) i write down my jpy image name to "URL or File to Popup:"
        and i obey all steps which told above. but how can i upload my jpg image with BV?

Comment

Couldn't the "popup" button just as easily direct to another page/URL that you can edit in BV?
          The new page/popup could have text, one image or more or a combination. That's what I plan doing on another website that I am going to be starting on.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

My earlier suggestion turned out to be NOT what I was looking for. Check out:
            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...yet-again.html
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Working...
            X