PDA

View Full Version : Can I add chat room in my dating website?

hornetlover
02-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Hello, friends. I have another question, please. How to add chat room in my dating website? I want my possible members to chat online whenever they want to. Please help.. thanks alot, everyone.

Karen Mac
02-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Only if the chat is hosted by a third party

Karen

hornetlover
02-17-2009, 04:45 AM
third party? please explain. sorry but i am not very knowledgeable in computer. thanks. help me please. :(

Watdaflip
02-17-2009, 05:11 AM
Third party isn't necessarily a computing term, but your considered party 1, vodahost is 2, a third party would be another person, company, or service other then yourself of vodahost.

Its against the TOS to run a chatroom on the server your website is hosted on, so in order to have a chatroom on your website, it has to be hosted elsewhere by a third party, and then remotely accessed through your website

That is to say

Server A hosts your website
Server B hosts your chatroom
You put a page on your website that is say (for simplicity sake) an iframe of a chatroom hosted on server B.

I hope that made sense

kahuna99
03-24-2009, 04:33 AM
You could also just use a chatroom from a site that offers free chatrooms for webmasters like
http://www.chatmosphere.org/?frame=/site/webmaster_eng.php3 ... You can get a chatroom for your site without having to
register or anything ...

Karen Mac
03-24-2009, 05:08 AM
psst.. thats what i said kahuna.. THIRD party.

Karen