Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing a addon domain correctly?

Hi again,

I read, was not to add the extension at the end: .com, net etc, and another said to make sure you add it when you publish you addon domain.

examp: public_html/njbassfederation.com - correct or not

examp: public_html/njbassfederation " " "

I having some issues with this, because I did it with and without. The one I did with is now visible. I would like to know the correct method please if anyone knows, thank you.
    Elliott Liardo
    New Jersey Bass Federation
    www.NJBassFederation.com
    www.AmandaLiardo.com

Re: publishing a addon domain correctly?

The old style Cpanel accepted the name without the .xxx at the end

the new style uses the .xxx at the end and creates the new folder with the name in full (i.e. withe the .xxx at the end)

Check in your file manager which folder name it has created.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for responding so quickly. I really want to get this right. OK, I checked the control panel and went into the file manager area. I registered njbassfederation.com as an addon domain and I see it there. I also see njbassfederation folder.

Could this be because I published it without the .com first?

Here is my problem, maybe it nothing I hopefully. Yesterday, I wanted to publish a test index page of the new site and did it. First without the .com, I tried to view it and nothing but some error. Then I published it with the .com, and now I can see it, which is OK.

Is there a way to remove this folder or page that is incorrect, or just leave it alone?
      Elliott Liardo
      New Jersey Bass Federation
      www.NJBassFederation.com
      www.AmandaLiardo.com

Comment

It makes no difference what the name of the directory is, you can have an addon domain of say "mynewwebsite.com" and have the directory that holds the files called "theskyisblue".

Making the directory name "mynewwebsite.com" can be useful if you have 20 other addon domains (helps keep things organized), but isn't required.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

i published to public_html/raisingforrescue.org and it worked but it continuasly keeps loading and wont stop what did i do wrong?

Comment

Working...
          X