linking to iframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linking to iframe

Ok this is going to be a long one. Hope someone has the patience to read it!
    I was givine this link to make a gallery http://metestsite.co.uk/image-in-iframe-gallery.html. Which is great! But I'm having problems.
    1) I am having trouble linking the first picture to the iframe so it appears when the page is first brought up. Maybe I am not linking it correct? My webpage is www.celebratedmoments.com and the link (not linked yet) is www.celebratedmoments.com/bridal_portraits.html
    Now, I need to put the url in the iframe for the picture and i have it as www.celebratedmoments.com/bridal_portraits/laughter.jpg is that incorrect?
    2)Also, my background color is black but the iframe is white. I have both landscape and portrait pictures so I need the iframe to be large enough to support both formats. When the pictures do show in the iframe there are white borders around it. Is there anything I can do about that?

Re: Problems with linking to iframe

Originally posted by celkin01 View Post
    Ok this is going to be a long one. Hope someone has the patience to read it!
    I was givine this link to make a gallery http://metestsite.co.uk/image-in-iframe-gallery.html. Which is great! But I'm having problems.
    1) I am having trouble linking the first picture to the iframe so it appears when the page is first brought up. Maybe I am not linking it correct? My webpage is www.celebratedmoments.com and the link (not linked yet) is www.celebratedmoments.com/bridal_portraits.html
    Now, I need to put the url in the iframe for the picture and i have it as www.celebratedmoments.com/bridal_portraits/laughter.jpg is that incorrect?
    In the inline frame properties box add the url http://www.celebratedmoments.com/bridal_protraits.html
    2)Also, my background color is black but the iframe is white. I have both landscape and portrait pictures so I need the iframe to be large enough to support both formats. When the pictures do show in the iframe there are white borders around it. Is there anything I can do about that?
    Yes it will support both to get rid of the white "boarder" either reduce the size of your inline frame or add a black back ground to the pages with the images on them.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
      Yes it will support both to get rid of the white "boarder" either reduce the size of your inline frame or add a black back ground to the pages with the images on them.
      I am sorry, I don't understand.... I can't reduce the size of my inline frame because it has to support both the portrait pictures and the landscape pictures (so there is always going to be a border on one of them). As for changing the background on the pages with the images...I am simply linking the image to the iframe. How can I change the background on the image?

Comment

You need a page with the larger image on it first before you can have it open in the iframe, you can have the black back ground on it so that when you make the iframe large enough for your biggest image the rest will not have a boarder around them.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Ok, thank you! I didn't realize that. I suppose that will probably fix my linking problem as well.

Comment

Working...
          X