Saving bluevoda to usb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving bluevoda to usb

I have a dilema...I am trying to save my blue voda website information to my usb stick so that I can work on it while I am away on vacation.
    I have renamed the drive on my laptop to the same drive letter that my blue voda files are on when I'm on my desktop PC. However when I open the usb on my laptop, all the pictures and links are missing. I'm not sure why as all of the graphics I'm using are all on the usb stick. Nothing is on my desktop. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Re: Saving bluevoda to usb

I am assuming you just right clicked an renamed your usb drive, in which case that is not the same as changing the drive letter. Even if the drive letter was properly changed your windows username would have to be the same on both computers (which is easier to do then changing the drive letter, but none the less something you have to do).

As it is now your images are not showing up because when you insert the image, it is looking for it at a specific location on your computer, most likey C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\somewhere

But your images will be on a different drive so the location Bv thinks it is, is wrong.

I don't use BV so I can't say from experience, and I don't remember reading a better solution, but in order for them to show up you might have to reinsert. I do remember reading though that even if you don't see them and you publish it will still look correct if you have published page before (ie. if the image is already on the website).

One thing you might want to try is remote desktop, and you can just remotely login to your computer while you are away and work on your website remotely

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
    X