problem seeing php pages on net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem seeing php pages on net

Yesterday i had a problem with one page linking back to my home page. All other links worked prior. While introducing This method as advised, I found that it was now linking back and thought it may have been something to do with what I was installing. Since publishing everything in php today after spending the day comprehending the small process, I'm not able to see any changes to my site into php rather than html. Also other pages published for the first time today, never arrived on site. Is there anyone who can take a look and detect what's not right. I've double checked but there must be something stopping the transition.

Re: problem seeing php pages on net

The pages in your links are all still html files. If you are including a common menu using php the pages have to be published as .php pages, and your links all need to go to these php pages.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I have everything changed over to .php links and pages, even new pages that I just published today with .php They didn't arrive on my site as well as everything else I changed over. Is there a way of someone viewing what is wrong. There isn't an html that I haven't changed to .php I was wandering if specificly there was something wrong. If I had missed one somewhere this shouldn't stop everything in .php from being published. or would it. I'm lost. If I write a ticket will the insiders be able to fix it?
      Last edited by Poolmandave; 02-19-2009, 03:36 AM. Reason: another thought

Comment

If you had previously published all your pages as html then tried to publish php pages over them it will not work. Html pages are looked for and loaded first and unless you delete the html versions from the server your php pages will not come up.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thank You. In This method they made it sound like I was done. There was no special instruction regarding deletion of html before publishing php. Any reason why such a large task would not include a note. Also why won't my other pages arrive to my site that were only published in php? The index page didn't have to changed over to .php but I did anyway. If it's being accepted as html why didn't the virgin pages publish in .php? Hope I'm not confusing you but something doesn't add up. Please explain the math. Thanks again

PS. I suppose I should have asked how do I delete those html published pages from my site?
          Last edited by Poolmandave; 02-19-2009, 05:11 AM. Reason: ps

Comment

You have to at least remove the index.html or go in file manager and rename it. Control Panel for your account and the file manager.. navigate to public_html

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen, Got to go out for a while. Would that be equivelent to ftp manager in Control Panel. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sav...e-blueftp.html
              Thank You Very Much

Comment

NO.. you need to access your SERVER control panel.. at the bottom of bv.. hit the link that says control panel. Login to the server, use the file manager icon.. navigate to public html.

You can link up via ftp and do it as well if thats less confusing for you.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X