PDA

View Full Version : creating and saving your own template

pawsgalore
02-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Hi there
I'm new here and am trying to create/save a template for my new website. However I go through the process, design, save as a template, (it appears to do this, then when I click on add image it doesnt recognise the file which is a 'wwb' file. So I cannot use the template.
Any clues as to what I can do please? It wont allow me to choose the format to save it in it just automatically does a wwb which only shows when you select 'all files' ad then it doesnt recognise it to add to the design. HEEELLLPPPP please!! Thank you very much

davidundalicia
02-19-2009, 02:50 PM
That "save as template" is a function to save the Page as a template.

So is Not a template in the way a picture or logo would be described as a template.

If you want to make a copy of your website page use the clone facility, its much easier

pawsgalore
02-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Great thanks will give it a go! Ummm which button is clone please? I cant find it!!

pawsgalore
02-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Ignore my last message! I did copy/paste which I guess is what you meant in the first place!! Sorry had a blond moment! Thanks again

D'son
02-19-2009, 05:19 PM
No the clone icon is at the top of the page it looks like two pages slightly over lapping. Do not rely on the copy and paste method, it will cause problems down the road.