Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic mobile redirect...

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've made an appearance on VH. I've been traveling a lot, working a lot... life is good, but VERY busy these days. :)

My particular business takes me out to conventions and meeting directors that could potentially hire me for my services, and they will likely hire me based on my design sample videos that I feature on my website. This is a huge factor in the success of my business.

So, as technology has evolved with new mobile devices such as the i-mobile, I've noticed that several websites are now creating mobile-friendly sites that you are automatically redirected to when you visit them on your mobile device.

Most recently, I was at a convention where I met at least a dozen directors that were i-mobile owners... and I would like to at least try to open up the viewing market to those users as well. As I would pass my card around to the directors at this 4-day convention, many of them said "thanks, I'll check this out when I get home to a computer". It made me ask myself, why not at least try to create a site that allows them to look at it right from their i-mobile? At least, a smaller and more compact "mobile" version.

So, I did just that! :) I created a mobile version of me site for i-mobile and even added a temporary link to my home page for those users to click on. But now I'm trying to figure out how the heck I can automatically redirect mobile users to my mobile site. Does that make sense?

Another reason I'm going with a mobile version is because my video samples on my site are Flash. The i-mobile will not show or play Flash videos, and with this new mobile site I have been able to use mobile mp4 videos that work (even though they are LQ for now as I am in the beta stage of this process).

I know there has to be some way to do this... I know because I've visited sites from my i-mobile (like Amazon.com, google, usatoday.com, etc.) and instead of it taking you to the original html/php site, it's a modified mobile-friendly site.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about or has any idea what I can do, please let me know. I am good for now with the link on the front page, but who knows if people will see that or not? I'd just like to make it easier for i-mobile visitors. :)

Thanks!
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Re: Automatic mobile redirect...

Dear Seniors,

After reading George's post, I check out my own site on my ***.
    It seems that my Flash doesn't work & my site is out of shape.
    I am also looking for the same solution as George. Any idea who
    knows what we're talking about?

Btw, I am posting this from my *** via Opera Mobile Browser.
    Thus, I can view any webpage in it's original version. However,
    the funny thing is, my site is in a mess even with Opera Browser.
    What should I do now?
    Best Regards,

Foo

Comment

Grab a coffee and have a read .. :)

Sorry, the page you are looking for is no longer available on Digital Inspiration

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Not only Coffee... Maybe my supper....

Thanks eye...
        Best Regards,

Foo

Comment

Working...
        X