Can only publish index page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can only publish index page

OK, I know there's going to be something really obvious that I've overlooked (always is) but here's my problem:
    I've got my home page published. I named it index. Now, I am trying to publish an "under construction" page named construction. I have tried to publish it (via icon, it says successfully published) but when i try to go to the page on the web there's nothing. I've watched the tutorial until I almost have it memorized but I'm missing something.

Should I name it construction or construction.html ?

The site is brokebusters.com, so home is brokebusters.com/index.html
    So the construction page should be brokebusters.com/construction, correct?
    Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Re: Can only publish index page

You have it as http://www.brokebusters.com/construction.php

The php extension is used by BV when you have a form on the page. Even without a form, the php will work, but your links will need to point to that and not an html page (which doesn't exist).
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

PS: Your index page is also published with a .php extension. You'll definitely want to change that to .html. Right click on the page background to do so.

Comment

Ok thank you! I'm not sure how it got the .php extension. However, before I start changing things, if I'm not going to have a form on the page wouldn't I want it to be a .html? That would make it more accessible right?

Comment

It would, in the sense that people looking for a specific page would tend to type an html extension. I'd rather change any pages to html than change links to php, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
          X