Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time publishing

Hi.

I have spent the two last months designing a nice homepage. I just got my account, and my password and username and so on. Anyway, when i published my sites, one by one, in BlueVoda i cant see them on the web... Anyone who knows why? On the welcome mail, it said: Pleas note that it may take up to 24-72 hours for your domain to become accessible. Is this the reason why?

I can add in that we had owned this domain for two years, and that we had our old website with a Norwegian company, similar to VodaHost.

My last question:
    Have I done everything right when i have named my site without an .html exstention in the title field in page properties?

And in the links (in my page menu) i have done it like this:

Is this right?

Hope to get som help :)

Regards
    Aleksander Hansen

Re: First time publishing

Sorry, I overlooked that I had receeved a temporary URL. And when I publish my index site in this one, it shows in my browser :D But, if I publish one of my sub-pages (services, about us and so on), it wont show? =S It seems like the link's between the pages does not work. Or could it be because it only is a temporary URL? Anyone who knows?

Comment

Hi,

The first step is to make your homepage.

The homepage mustbe named 'index" [no caps]
      and published to your IP address [url] which was given by VodaHost.

The page must be published to "public_html".

This wrong....http://www.blueprints.no/kvalitet.html

When you follow the above directions your url should show like this...

www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Okey, I have done that :) And when i go to my temporary URL, wich is where I can see my published sites, it shows just like you say; www.blueprints.no/kvalitet.html

They said that my domain woldt not become accessible before within 24-72 hours. So this is probably why they gave me a temporary URL with my IP adress and username in it.

But if I publish one of the other pages, for example "services" or "contact us" to the same IP as the first "index", the links in my menubar wont work? I cant click "contact ut" in the menubar from the "index" page and actually get to det "contact us" page. Seems like the links wont work? Is this because this is a temporary URL? I think I have done the hyperlinking right.

Thank for all the help :D

Comment

Once you publish your index page, you should be able to view it shortly as
          your website becomes live as your domain is not a sub-domain.

Only sub-domains take 24-72 hours to propagate on the web.

Open your browser and goto Google and search for "www.blueprints.no/",
          then see what is the result?

2] You have to republish your contact page to: "public_html/" also and the url will become "www.blueprints.no/contact.html".

you must also enter in BV properties in the Http box the same address like so"

"www.blueprints.no/contact.html" and also in your navigation menu on the "index page"

Then only publish your page.

The contact page must also have a navigation menu back to your index page.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi, is http://www.blueprints.no/ your new domain? As it dosnt seemed to be pointing at the VH servers yet.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X