Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain pointing

Hi,

I have designed a website for a friends business and need to publish it. He purchased his domain through Fastnet. He then authorised me to point it to my server so I could upload it!

I called Fastnet and they said if I pointed it fully the company would lose their current email host but said if I get the *Cname* and specific IP address or * A Record* this would work???

Help

Can I do this or do I need to point the domain fully so fastnet still have the email in order!

They are a medium size company so I don’t want the control of their email etc!

Thanks

Rich

Re: Domain pointing

Originally posted by richearl
    Hi,

I have designed a website for a friends business and need to publish it. He purchased his domain through Fastnet. He then authorised me to point it to my server so I could upload it!

I called Fastnet and they said if I pointed it fully the company would lose their current email host but said if I get the *Cname* and specific IP address or * A Record* this would work???

Help

Can I do this or do I need to point the domain fully so fastnet still have the email in order!

They are a medium size company so I don’t want the control of their email etc!

Thanks

Rich
    If you add your friend's domain in your account as addon domain, you can then setup the same email accounts he had before, in your own server. You might simply have a minor down time. ***** (admin) can confirm.But of course control of their email will pass over to you
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Domain pointing

Hi…

Thanks with your reply… That may have to be an option.. I will have to see how many users they have. I didn’t really want to make that commitment though!

Is there any way I can access the information for the Cname and A record do you no?

Is it somewhere within my control panel details..

Thanks again for your reply!

Rich

Comment

Working...
      X