Headers & Page Width & height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers & Page Width & height

Hi there. I'm completely new to this & have zero technical skills.
    My questions are ;

1. Header - I have placed a picture & some text on my index page to act as aheader. I would like this header to appear in all the pages. how do i do this ?

2. The default setting is 800X600. I have a light blue dotted line that shows the page. Does this mean that any picture or text outside of the box will not appear on the website ?

Thxs

RR

Re: Headers & Page Width & height

1) I can't help with this question, I don't use BV

2) 800x600 is just a guideline dimension ratio. Generally you want to design your website to have a maximum width of 800 pixels to ensure the majority of computer can display all of your page without having to scroll sideways. If you place content outside of that area it will display just fine, but some users might have to scroll back and forth to see it all.

However depending on the market for your website it may be a safe bet that your users can display your website at a larger resolution. For instance most of my websites are directed at people who tend to have a high end computer or at least one kept up to date. If I design a website that has a fixed width, I generally design it at a width of 1024 pixels.

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: Headers & Page Width & height

1) This will enable you to put your header(and other items) on all your webpages:
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
      X