Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google can't find me!

Hi All.
    I created our website using the Bluevoda method. I think I have done everything right . When I type in our domain name in the top section it brings up our website. All the pages, light boxes and a flash box are working fine,however, when I type in our name in Google search it doesn't appear. I searched the forums and took up alot of suggestions including submitting a site map. I did this and had it verified. I ran a check on a site, SEO CHECK, this site checked my meta tags etc. It showed me that my description and keywords weren't 100%. So I changed them. I ran the check again and it came up with the same analysis ( so I don't know how accurate this analyzer is.) I also ran a rank checker and I scored a zero in all the available search engines. Further I have "Showcased" my site as shown by the knowledgeable, davidundalicia -General & Forum Moderator. I know it takes a while but I am just wondeing if I have missed anything?
    my simple creation is www.youngmitsubishi.com

Regards
    Gae

www.youngmitsubishi.com

Re: Google can't find me!

Well when you put just youngmitsubishi into google it brings up Results 1 - 10 of about 8,370,000 for youngmitsubishi.

There is a good chance you are in there but it will take some time to work your way to the top.

What is more important in my opinion to work on is where do you come up when you search with your keywords? It will take time also but that is what you want to concentrate on as your potential customers will be looking for you with keywords. If they know your name they will already have your website.

JMHO
    Dan

Our SOHO built site

Comment

There are several questions first. How long ago have you published, next have you noticed in your control panel under awsats has google bot crawl your site. Your site can take from the day you got published up to three months. The best thing to do is add your url to your signature and reply to postings either to a joke or when someone introduced themselves or if you do have the web knowledge help out in the forum. Googlebot crawls this forum a few times a day and they will pick up on your signature. And most of all be patient it will get noticed.
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Hi, you need a lot more info on the pages for the SE’s. Your front page has the key words...................
        autos, cars, dealer, Mitsubishi, triton, pajero, lancer, colt, outlander, young, Mitsubishi (x2).
        Any of these words should be within the text content of the page. The only ones i could see was young,Mitsubishi,pajero.
        It's a bit of a case of telling the SE’s what your about & where you are. I thought you was a US dealer & then found i was totally in the wrong part of the world. So it would be worth using Australia on the page & New South Wales & a small list of other towns you cover.
        Be obvious with what you are selling in that Mitsubishi sells everything from computers to tractors. Also name your images with the car & type/model that is on them & put a link to the sales page with any of these type cars for sale.
        Your images on many of the web pages are far too large for web site use & will affect your se rankings. Many of the se’s have a set limit to spider a page, & i think the generous ones give you around 1500kb & then leave. Your sales page is at 6meg?
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris has hit the nail on the head!

Your page titles are in no way good enough to get picked up by the search engines, your meta keywords are not based on words written on your pages and so will not work for you either. and your three worded page descriptions in your meta data will not suffice either.

You need to read up on SEO and get working on this for your site to have a chance of getting seen.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi.

Thanks for the replies. I am only a novice at this and still finding some advice a little over the top for my limitied knowledge.
            Thanks for your advice Joe and answer to your questions is that I have only published my site two weeks ago and I have added my url to my signature. I checked the awsats on the cp and there is heaps of activity from the google bot crawl, so I guess it is slowly working. I noticed large percenatge of various hit categories where from the US. Am acting on other advice to include that we are from Australia. Thanks and I will try to be patient.
            Last edited by Gae; 02-26-2009, 12:36 AM. Reason: Add further comment
            Gae

www.youngmitsubishi.com

Comment

Chris.

Thanks for your advice. With my limited knowledge I understand what you are saying about putting names to pics. Also the fact that that we are from Australia was missing in keywords so that would certainly help I hope. I will also make the image files smaller. Thanks again for the advice.
              Gae

www.youngmitsubishi.com

Comment

Ramsey.

Appreciate you getting on board with your advice. I am following you to some degree but the only thing that I am not with you on is when you say "your three worded page descriptions in your meta data will not suffice either." I can;t find where the three word page description is. Could you help with this? Will also read up on SEO. Thanks heaps.
                Gae

www.youngmitsubishi.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gae View Post
                  Ramsey.

Appreciate you getting on board with your advice. I am following you to some degree but the only thing that I am not with you on is when you say "your three worded page descriptions in your meta data will not suffice either." I can;t find where the three word page description is. Could you help with this? Will also read up on SEO. Thanks heaps.
                  Open up your page properties, click on meta data, then below where you put the keywords you will see a field for putting in a page description. You want about 25-30 words in here. Different for each page
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi Ramsey.

I already did this prior to posting. The page description relates to the page. Originally by default the page description had " auto dealer website" or similar but I have changed that since a number of times. The SEO check still shows that I have three words in page descrition and you are saying that it shows when you check it? There are about 28 words in there but they don't seem to show up. When I go page properties and got meta tags the page descrition shows how I last saved and published.
                    I have taken all the advice and made changes accordingly ( I hope). Thanks
                    Gae

www.youngmitsubishi.com

Comment

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
                      <html>
                      <head>
                      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
                      <title>YOUNG MITSUBISHI HOME PAGE</title>
                      <meta name="KEYWORDS" content="autos, cars, dealer,mitsubishi,triton,pajero,lancer,colt,outlan der,young,mitsubishi">
                      <meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="Auto dealer website">
                      <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">
                      <style type="text/css">

Above is your meta data taken from your current home page:

You need to improve on the page title (Blue)
                      Remove ALL the words I have highlighted in Red OR place these words into well constructed sentances/paragraphs of text on your page.
                      The Green highlighted wording is still your page description.

Comment

Thanks all - ranked No.2 on Google search!!
                        Last edited by Gae; 02-27-2009, 05:16 AM. Reason: minor correction to text
                        Gae

www.youngmitsubishi.com

Comment

Working...
                        X