Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems in google indexing!

Hi,

My website is www.suberde.com . I have used soholaunch to build my website. After that, I tried to index my web site to google. I tired first by using ROR sitemap generator but nothing happened then I tried and generated a sitemap by using bluevoda program that I have installed previously. I submitted the sitemap.xml file to google. However I received these two messages below in my google account.

*All the URLs in your Sitemap have the same priority.
    All the URLs in your Sitemap are set to the same priority (not the default priority). Priority indicates the importance of a particular URL relative to other URLs on your site, and doesn't impact your site's performance in search results. If all URLs have the same priority, Google can't tell which are more important. Help

*URLs roboted out
    When we tested a sample of the URLs from your Sitemap, we found that the site's robots.txt file was blocking access to some of the URLs. If you don't intend to block some of the URLs contained in the Sitemap, please use our robots.txt analysis tool to verify that the URLs you submitted in your Sitemap are accessible by Googlebot. All accessible URLs will still be submitted. Help

Please help! I dont have that much knowlegde on codes and website builder programs but I really need to be indexed in google as everyone :)

Thank you in advance!

Semih

Re: problems in google indexing!

Sem

yes you need to set different priorities to the pages..

yes.. you want the index NOT to be in your shopping cart.. so this is normal for a soho site.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,

Thank you for replying...what did you mean by setting different priorities to my pages
      and for the second part...do you mean that I should go to my cpanel then file manager then shopping and delete the index file that I just saw there?

Semih

Comment

NO>. dont delete a thing. Im saying you dont want the robots to INDEX your shopping cart.. you dont want them TO BROWSE there or have parts of your cart listed in search. If a hacker or other ill willed person could easily access these files they might easily get into your store.. so you want the ROBOTS out of there.. so its NORMAL for google to say .. hey you locked me out..thats what you want.

I mean that when you do a sitemap pages are numbered in importance, so the home page being the most important and then others of lesser value..so if they are all the same.. google doesnt know which is which.. so you should use a tool that allows the priority of the site to filter thru.. otherwise you need to edit your sitemap manually.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X