No announcement yet.

Is publishing PHP different than html?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is publishing PHP different than html?

I have no problems publishing html pages, but i need a php page and the links are broken. Is there a trick I am missing? Do I still save to the public_html folder? I have saved as a php under page properties. I have also saved the page. I am using .php when I type in the address. The error code I am getting is FILE DOES NOT EXIST.

Help!

This is the link I am trying for www.youronlinemarketer.com/dvdclub.php

This one with the same information saved as an html works fine. www.youronlinemarketer.com/dvdmovie.html

Thank you,
    gunnk2

Re: Is publishing PHP different than html?

As far as how you create the pages and publish them the only difference is in the page properties/file types. If you create a page and add a form to it BV will automatically publish as a .php
    This of course is a simplistic explaination of the differences concentrating on your question about building, saving and publishing. Yes all your pages are published to your public_html folder.

I am seeing an error for an unexpected variable on line 7 not sure what you have without seeing it but maybe someone else can shed more light on this.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I removed the tracking link which would be the unexpected variable on line 7 and that fixed the problem. So, the question now is how to I track without that link? Hmmmmm...

Thanks for the help

Comment

You probably just forgot to end the php script with "?>"

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

No, I ended with that. At first, I thought it might be that I used the wrong specific tracking id code for the CPA network I use, but when I went back and plugged that in and published the page again, it didn't work again. For now, I am going without the tracking code. Thanks anyway, it was a good suggestion.

Comment

Its a syntax error with the code itself. If you post the exact code you are using I will take a look

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

These are the codes I have tried

This one begins with the maxbounty subid code &s1=
              &s1=<?PHPecho$tracking;?>

Subid=<?PHPecho$tracking;?>

I attach it onto this link inside an iframe

I really appreciate your help

Kathy

Comment

minus the & sign up there.

Here is the what the page looks like here in the us
                http://www.mb01.com/lnk.asp?o=1207&c=918273&a=33005&s1={keyword}

This is how it shows up in Canada which where I am advertising. It is a Canada only ad.

http://www.youronlinemarketer.com/dvdclub.php?tracking={keyword}

Hope this all makes since.

Comment

If that is the exact code you are using the problem is that there needs to be a space after <?PHP, so it should be

<?PHP echo $tracking;?>

Register/Login Script

Comment

awesome! I will try that. so there needs to be a space before and after echo or is it more important that the space needs to be after the PHP?

Thank you, so much!

IT WORKED!

Comment

There has to be a space after <?php, the spacing between echo and $tracking is for readability and following programming conventions, but isn't required.

Register/Login Script

Comment

Working...
                      X