Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to save and use bv on another pc

hi all

I'v just built a site ( www.lambs5x1000aglianimali.org),,but when i tried to save all (and use ) on the other com***ter what it's shows up are only templates..no pages,no immages..etc so if my pc would broke down I'm afraid my site go bad either...frustating.. :( thank for your help !!

Re: how to save and use bv on another pc

Yes when you view your BV files on another PC, you typically see only images and text that were generated within BV. You have to remember that although BV doesn't look as you would expect, these 'missing' elements have been published so they are not lost!

You could re-insert those things you can't see, so they become visible in BV but I tend not to bother.

The important thing is to back up all your BV pages and images etc to a CD or Memory Stick should a PC break down.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi,

You have to copy the entire C:\MyDocuments\BlueVoda to the other computer.

The simplest is to copy the above file using a thumb drive.

Make sure all the images and graphics you used in your webpages are also copied to the oter computer.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

thanx al lot

.. means that if i copied all files on a cd ,although downloading I nothing is visible, the elements are not lost...it's corret ?

Comment

Any element you have published, will be on the server..yes!

.... and yes always good practice to back up files/images/elements to a CD or memory stick
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
          X