Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOS - Unable to password protect a page

Guys please help.

I have an add on domain under which my site is running. I figured out how to password protect a directory under my root directory however I am unable to create a sub directory under my add-on domain.

If I go to cpanel it shows me following :
    /public_html/
    cgi-bin
    Private (Locked)
    demo
    add-on domain.com

If I click on my add-on domain it protects my complete website instead of just one page which I want. I want to create another sub directory under this add-on domain so only few pages gets protected and not complete website.

Please can some one guide me what exactly should I be doing?

I have all the pages ready just need directions to publish and protect them.

Regards,

Re: SOS - Unable to password protect a page

Cpanel doesn't giving the functionality to protect only specific pages, only an entire directory. You will have to place all of the files you want protected into a directory and then protect that.

Based on what you are saying I assume that when you are navigating your directory structure you have been clicking name of the directory which is bringing up a page to protect it. If you click the folder image to the left of the directory it will navigate you to that directory and list all of the directories within. You can then navigate to the directory you created for the files you want protected.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks that worked fine.

Also I tried one more method. Created a subdomain under Add-on domain and protected it. Dont know if thats a common practice.

Comment

Originally posted by vkeer View Post
        Also I tried one more method. Created a subdomain under Add-on domain and protected it. Dont know if thats a common practice.
        A subdomain is basically a directory that the server treats a little differently

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X